Python and ThinkOrSwim

sunnybabu

VIP
https://github.com/TreyThomas93/python-trading-bot-with-thinkorswim

I created this program for auto trading through TDAmeritrades API, using scanners and alerts from the Thinkorswim platform.

Hope this helps.
@TreyThomas673 Can you share your success thus far using this code for auto trade? I wanted to use this to trigger auto trade based on a study condition similar to conditional trades (1st trgs seq), but do it on GTC_EXT hours on all my watchlist that have buy signal based on a specific study/studies.. I would love to pick your brain on this..

Last edited:

TreyThomas673

@TreyThomas673 Can you share your success thus far using this code for auto trade? I wanted to use this to trigger auto trade based on a study condition similar to conditional trades (1st trgs seq), but do it on GTC_EXT hours on all my watchlist that have buy signal based on a specific study/studies.. I would love to pick your brain on this..
The results here are simulated results using the strategies developed through Thinkorswim. What makes these simulated is that these buy and sell every alert triggered and received from TOS. Unlike live trading, which limits you based on buying power. So basically you are paper trading through the program. As for live trading results, since November 2020, the program has made close to $450. This is obviously subject to be different per user based on how successful the users strategies are. My program is a mere vessel to trade through using those strategy based alerts. The past several months have been mainly debugging and enhancing the program to where it is at currently.

As for the watchlists/scanners with GTC_EXT hours, the program runs on a while loop every 5 seconds, so it will trade after hours if thats what you are wondering. Like I said, most of the customization can be done through TOS.