Option Volume/Open Interest Indicator for ThinkorSwim

E

ezrollin

Can someone give me an idea on how to code a watchlist script that shows the current options I'm looking at, where they closed at the day prior?
(like on Etrade).
Thanks

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@ezrollin Each option strike has its own dedicated ticker. You can just use that or add it to your watchlist.

E

ezrollin

Sorry, I'm trying to see where the option closed at previous day for all strikes, all puts, all calls at the same time as a field on the option chain
As a column

Last edited:
L

lifesapregame

@DeusMecanicus

Is it possible to show only transactions that were aggressive? as in, bought on the ask. Also compare volume to OI. So if Volume > OI then different color

T

tonyMM

I'm trying to run this script but it doesn't appear to be working. I can't seem to find anything on web or in the manual that would indicate there is incorect code. I'm getting NO errors also. I'm also folowing the exact example in the manual.

input ticker = "SPY";
input expirationDate = 20200417;

plot data = close(GetNextITMOption(GetATMOption(ticker, expirationDate, OptionClass.CALL))) + close(GetNextOTMOption(GetATMOption(ticker, expirationDate, OptionClass.CALL)));

plot data2 = close(GetNextITMOption(GetATMOption(ticker, expirationDate, OptionClass.PUT))) + close(GetNextOTMOption(GetATMOption(ticker, expirationDate, OptionClass.PUT)));

inthefutures

inthefutures

you might have to wait till market opens again, sometimes options data becomes unavailable over the weekend at least it does on my RTD and googlefinance feeds

T

tonyMM

Oh I see. Yes I just created this script so I haven't run it while the market was open. Thanks. Hopefuly it will work when open.

martinflds

martinflds

@BenTen Is there anyway to post a word doc or PDF? I copied all the ThinkScript instructional data off the sight onto a Word document. I use this to reference and with it all being in once spot you can clt+F what you are looking for instead of searching the site. Additionally all the parts are hyperlinked if you wanted to go to that section of TOS learning center. It's 191 pages. There are still a few things I may add like the explanations of the different types of studies and what not.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@martinflds You can upload it to Google Drive and post a shareable link here.

J

jlondono2002

Hi guys I need your help, I'm trying to get the value of the percentage of the volume of options with respect to the volume of the stock, example if I have the volume of options CCL 05/29 Call 18 = 30K and the volume of the stock at that moment is 15 million, then ((30K * 100) / 15000000) * 100 = 20%, what would be the code that is required to place it in the watchlist to get that porcentage value??, I appreciate your help, thanks