volatility for x bars back

stevemend0za

VIP
I'm looking for indicator to give me volatility for x bars back. Highest open/close (which ever is higher) to Lowest open/close (which ever is lower). I would also like to have two percentages displayed like the photo. One including the first bar and the second skipping it. Please any help is greatly appreciated.
15958[/ATTACH]']
6tb1zha.png

Attachments

• 6tb1zha.png
    6tb1zha.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 62
Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Can you please make change. Thanks

Sure, this seems to work

Ruby:
input lookback = 4;
def hoc = Max(Highest(open, lookback), Highest(close, lookback));
def loc = Min(open, close);

def "vol_w/o" = AbsValue(hoc[1] - loc[1]) / loc[1];
AddLabel(1, "Volatility w/o 1st bar " + AsPercent("vol_w/o") , if "vol_w/o" * 100 > 5 then Color.GREEN else Color.RED);

def "vol_w" = AbsValue(hoc - loc) / loc;
AddLabel(1, "Volatility with 1st bar " + AsPercent("vol_w") , if "vol_w" * 100 > 5 then Color.GREEN else Color.RED);

input test = no;
AddLabel(test, " Highest w " + hoc + " Lowest w " + loc + " || Highest skipping " + hoc[1] + " Lowest skipping 1st " + loc[1]  , Color.WHITE);
I'm looking for indicator to give me volatility for x bars back. Highest open/close (which ever is higher) to Lowest open/close (which ever is lower). I would also like to have two percentages displayed like the photo. One including the first bar and the second skipping it. Please any help is greatly appreciated.
15961[/ATTACH]']
6tb1zha.png

See if this helps. Set lookback to how many bars you want Set test to yes to see the highest/lowest values used to gauge volatility.

Capture.jpg
Ruby:
input lookback = 4;

def "vol_w/o" = AbsValue(hoc - loc[1]) / loc[1];
AddLabel(1, "Volatility w/o 1st bar " + AsPercent("vol_w/o") , if "vol_w/o" * 100 > 5 then Color.GREEN else Color.RED);

AddLabel(1, "Volatility with 1st bar " + AsPercent("vol_w") , if "vol_w" * 100 > 5 then Color.GREEN else Color.RED);

input test = no;
AddLabel(test, " Highest " + hoc + "Lowest " + loc + " Lowest skipping 1st " + loc[1]  , Color.WHITE);

Attachments

• 6tb1zha.png
    6tb1zha.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 65
See if this helps. Set lookback to how many bars you want Set test to yes to see the highest/lowest values used to gauge volatility.
OMG you almost have it. YOU ARE A GENIUS SR. My fault for not explaining correctly. In the photo you will see that while skipping the first bar we are still looking back 4 bars. (Just scooting over but still counting 4) Would it be too much to ask to modify it, I thank you in advanced.

https%3A//i.imgur.com/2NezJMz.png[/img]']
2NezJMz.png

Can you please make change. Thanks

Sure, this seems to work

Ruby:
input lookback = 4;

input test = no;
AddLabel(test, " Highest w " + hoc + " Lowest w " + loc + " || Highest skipping " + hoc[1] + " Lowest skipping 1st " + loc[1]  , Color.WHITE);

Solution
Sure, this seems to work
Sir, Thank you so much! I cannot thank you enough. THANK YOU !!!
By the way I made just a small adjustment to your script and worked just as I needed. Thank you and is forum. I will be joining VIP as it is the only way I can think of to show my appreciation. Thank you all.

input lookback = 4;
def loc = Min(Lowest (open, lookback), Lowest (close, lookback));

AddLabel(1, "Volatility Mon-10am Wed " + AsPercent("vol_w/o") , if "vol_w/o" * 100 > 5 then Color.GREEN else Color.RED);

AddLabel(1, "Volatility Wed 10am-Friday " + AsPercent("vol_w") , if "vol_w" * 100 > 5 then Color.GREEN else Color.RED);

input test = no;
AddLabel(test, " Highest w " + hoc + " Lowest w " + loc + " || Highest skipping " + hoc[1] + " Lowest skipping 1st " + loc[1] , Color.WHITE);

The following is a script that gives me the volatility based on highest and lowest close regardless of candle color. works perfect. I would like to have it work on my watchlist but instead of displaying the percentages I need it to be green if above 5 percent.

input lookback = 4;

AddLabel(1, "Volatility 6:30-10am " + AsPercent("vol_w/o") , if "vol_w/o" * 100 > 5 then Color.GREEN else Color.RED);

AddLabel(1, "Volatility 10am-1pm " + AsPercent("vol_w") , if "vol_w" * 100 > 5 then Color.GREEN else Color.RED);

input test = no;
AddLabel(test, " Highest w " + hoc + " Lowest w " + loc + " || Highest skipping " + hoc[1] + " Lowest skipping 1st " + loc[1] , Color.WHITE);

The following is a script that gives me the volatility based on highest and lowest close regardless of candle color. works perfect. I would like to have it work on my watchlist but instead of displaying the percentages I need it to be green if above 5 percent.

input lookback = 4;

AddLabel(1, "Volatility 6:30-10am " + AsPercent("vol_w/o") , if "vol_w/o" * 100 > 5 then Color.GREEN else Color.RED);

AddLabel(1, "Volatility 10am-1pm " + AsPercent("vol_w") , if "vol_w" * 100 > 5 then Color.GREEN else Color.RED);

input test = no;

Create 2 custom scripts using. Rename the columns to your liking
Screenshot 2023-08-09 161000.png

Screenshot 2023-08-09 160831.png

Screenshot 2023-08-09 161142.png

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-08-09 153835.png
    Screenshot 2023-08-09 153835.png
    53.9 KB · Views: 62

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.