Link two charts in ToS together?

J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
Say I have two open charts is it possible to link the two charts so that one mirrors he other.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Not sure if that's possible, but what you can do is save the style of one chart and then load it up on the second one. Easiest I have found. By using the "Save Style..." option, you get to keep all the settings and indicators on the chart.

I'm unsure of what you mean by "linking." If it was as simple as entering one ticker on chart A and also have chart B pull up the same ticker at the same time, then yes, there is a way to do that. Just assign a number to chart A, and on chart B, also assign the same number.

J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
I discovered by running several charts the time frames set everything will load different ticker by label color this will work

J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
OK so I have three charts up on my laptop all flexible grids. The ticker changes all 3 but I need to manually change each time frame to view all on same time frame and not sure if there is a way around it.

J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
oh by style and time frames yes thanks but style changes one chart no big deal may not be a way around it

zeek

zeek

2019 Donor
OK so I have three charts up on my laptop all flexible grids. The ticker changes all 3 but I need to manually change each time frame to view all on same time frame and not sure if there is a way around it.
If you want all three charts to display the same timeframe, i would just save the layout as a workspace and by doing so, you can have same symbol on all three charts using the same timeframe but with different studies on each chart if you like.

J007RMC

J007RMC

2019 Donor
VIP
thanks zeek I had not thought of that approach. So the maximize my indicators on a laptop I run 3 grids and saving the workspace for all 3 of my time frames makes perfect sense.