Billions

Billions

2019 Donor
VIP
@Zachc looks nice ill wait for the new script I trade futures and the micros

murkr

murkr

VIP
@Zachc any update on the newer version? Do you still use this indicator ?

U

UncleTerry

VIP
@Zachc Thanks. My opinion is you are working hard on a study you will have a very hard time making it what you desire. The problem is the ADX. I have done a quick chart to give you ideas that may be easier to work into your strategy. That ADX oscillator is in ToS somewhere. Sorry I forgot the name. So take a look and see if it can improve your approach to this strategy.

The White line on top indicator matches the red/green line of the lower. On the upper the cross of 2 and -2 would be the signals and the parts inbetween can be ignored. The white line of the lower should signal the points or reversal of price when it crosses zero. Some way to avoid excess signals in chop may be needed. Ooops may have missed marking a few places but you get the idea. Good coding to you.
Is that "My_ADX_Oscillator" something custom that you created? If what based of? Sorry if im asking too many questions. Thanks

horserider

horserider

VIP
@UncleTerry Yes I made it long ago. I forget why and why I used that name. As it turns out it is the Detrended Price Oscillator. So I wasted my time. Oh well. Can also find it as FW DPO in ToS

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Indicator better than ADX to determine current trend? Questions 12
horserider ADX Trend label for ThinkorSwim Custom 4
H MTF ADX? Questions 2
R Consecutive bar count for DMI and ADX? Questions 0
J CM ADX System for ThinkorSwim Custom 6