Wolf Waves for ThinkorSwim

@iFrostyy

I am not here to support the premium indicator, but running it is no different than running this one here. As for the rules of trade though for both the premium indicator and this, you need to pay attention to the timeframe you are running it on, Ex: if you are running it on 15m timeframe, consider the trade situation changes every 15mins.

Typically for swing, I use higher frames as 2H, 4H and 1D and give enough time for myself if it is options trading.

A good example would be AAPL, showing signs of upside movement for the last almost 8 - 10 Days, with little movement either sides. And finally it made the move today. Check it out with Usethink_Wolf_Wave script on 1Y 1D timeframe.

-S

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

can anyone give me a basic Understanding of how Swing waves work. Like how to determine if when to go in or not. Do u just wait for the point to paint and then go from there or is there a way to read this to know ahead of time (as best u can) i am a little confused

can anyone give me a basic Understanding of how Swing waves work. Like how to determine if when to go in or not. Do u just wait for the point to paint and then go from there or is there a way to read this to know ahead of time (as best u can) i am a little confused
Swing waves are based on support and resistance lines and the cyclic nature of stock movement ie buying and selling. A given stock will only rise depending on buyers' interest if the if no buyers stock sells short ... cyclic.

Hi, I am new here.
Does any helped me load the Wolf wave study on TOS. I tried look like some issue with code.
Expected double
Expected double at 53:23
Expected double at 119:23
No such variable: n at 43:24
No such variable: n at 51:22
No such variable: n at 53:34
No such variable: n at 109:24
No such variable: n at 117:22
No such variable: n at 119:33
Only constants expected here: n CL constant function parameter 'length' at 53:34
Only constants expected here: n CL constant function parameter 'length' at 119:33
Expected double at 53:23
Expected double at 119:23
No such variable: n at 43:24
No such variable: n at 51:22
No such variable: n at 53:34
No such variable: n at 109:24
No such variable: n at 117:22
No such variable: n at 119:33
Only constants expected here: n CL constant function parameter 'length' at 53:34

@Mani Wolf Waves and Elliot Waves are complex studies. The math behind identifying the 5th wave and the patterns involved is endlessly fascinating. To find out more, there are over 61 million google results explaining the use of this indicator.

HUGE CAVEAT:
This study repaints so the use of this indicator on lower aggregations is not appropriate; even at 4hrs and higher, it can "repaint" if the price comes back after it draws the 5th wave and gives the entry, it will redraw it at the new location.
Read more: Everything you wanted to know about REPAINTING and were afraid to ask

Here you see the wave counts with the sites linear regression band apple 2000t chart

lgNBXSf.png
Hi J007RMC, do u know where I can get a copy of the "Fisher_3xStochastics" indicator exactly like the one you have in here?

thanks in advance?

I find the wolf wave very interesting so for the wave counts and you have it here. I use wolf waves every day with amazing results same as pivots really

S3. Finishes out wave 5 to bottom

R3 top of wave 1

S2 bottom of wave 2

2 up to 3 top of wave 3

Down to wave 4

Wave 4 begins the sweet spot up to finish wave 5

Then wait for another wave to develop using the 5- 15 min you even throw a 2min chart up for fast markets

So my suggestion is to label the waves as 1-5

I just so not see many differences waves are waves really and waves subset in between larger waves although what I use gives me fib extensions/fractals that project up and down price points. Maybe a future project. Not sure how you can do the price extension other than on the connecting wave points but If you like I can offer more information pertaining to bullish/bearish numbered patterns 1-5 and direction synopsis? all points connect so we are talking about extensions based on fib probabilities...fractals. I am not a coder sorry

KHGg3fh.png
can you kindly share the updated code

@zappi Did you know that clicking on a member's avatar will allow you to see when a member was last seen on the uTS forum? J007RMC has not been seen in a while. :( I believed he used a proprietary version of the Wolf Waves study. The Forum's Wolf Waves Indicator can be found in the 1st post. Several posters have share their variations throughout this thread.

Swing waves are based on support and resistance lines and the cyclic nature of stock movement ie buying and selling. A given stock will only rise depending on buyers' interest if the if no buyers stock sells short ... cyclic.
Hi J007RMC, I was going through some of the WW threads on here last night and saw your comments about the WW indicator that you have (proprietary). I also have the WW indicator that has the 1-5 identification. I would love to talk to you about how you use it. Thanks and let me know if you are up for that? Thanks,

Joe

@JoeSD Did you know that clicking on a member's avatar will allow you to see when a member was last seen on the uTS forum? J007RMC has not been seen in a while. :(

@JoeSD Did you know that clicking on a member's avatar will allow you to see when a member was last seen on the uTS forum? J007RMC has not been seen in a while. :(
@MerryDay, thanks and I did not know that and thanks. Shoot, I did want to talk with him about his WW strategy... I noticed that you were pretty active in that discussion as well. Do you still use the WW concept?

@JoeSD there is nothing much as far as strategy goes, There is a Bull Wave and a Bear Wave, correspondent number 5 and the arrow is the conformation, you take the directional trade and you set your stops and the break of the line at number 5. as far as what time frame one would use, that totally depends on once trading style, lower frames for daytrade and scalps higher frames for potential swings.

Hope that helps.

-S