ThinkorSwim Software Update Release Notes

BenTen

Administrative
Staff member
Staff
VIP
Lifetime
TD Ameritrade just rolled out a new update to their ThinkorSwim platform today. Check out some of the release notes below.

Fibonacci Patterns

fedPv58.png

In this new update, ThinkorSwim added a new section to their Patterns tab called Fibonacci. Under this section, you will find the following patterns:
  • 3 Drive
  • 3 Point Extension
  • 3 Point Retracement
  • ABCD
  • Butterfly
  • Gartley
Some of you may have seen the ABCD and Butterfly patterns from our Harmonic indicator thread.

New Indicator and Strategy

The following indicator and strategy is now available in ThinkorSwim:
  • Stochastic MACD (study)
  • Bollinger Bands with Engulfing (strategy)

New Filter for the Scanner

RHMozKS.png

A new filter has been added to the StockHacker's scanner tab. In addition to "All of the following" and "None of the following" options, you can now also select the "Any of the following" option.

myTrade is going away

As of 12/14/2019 myTrade will no longer be available. If you have questions, please contact us at 866-839-1100.

Images in this post belongs to ThinkorSwim. You can read the entire changelog of this update here.

@BenTen Thanks for the really informative update. I just checked MyTrade accessibility a few moments ago. Looks like access from both the lounge chat window as well as from the browser versions are still available at this time. They could disappear anytime for anyone interested, please do grab whatever studies that folks have posted there. It's a matter of time before things disappear completely, so it is a race against time

@BenTen Thanks for sharing this. I've been a pattern trader since 1998 having been trained by Larry Pesavento and was excited to see this BUT upon looking at some of these on the charts not sure how they configured some of this but this may be useful for some.

Thanks for alerting about myTrade, I really was amazed at how many ideas I could grab, glad it hasn't been shutdown yet.
Well restarted thinkorswim mytrade gone.

Last edited:
@irishgold I just checked MyTrade access. It is still available via TOS. Access via the browser also works at this time. Like I mentioned earlier, if TOS is going to remove this feature, it is literally a race against time to get whatever studies you wish from MyTrade.

@irishgold I just checked MyTrade access. It is still available via TOS. Access via the browser also works at this time. Like I mentioned earlier, if TOS is going to remove this feature, it is literally a race against time to get whatever studies you wish from MyTrade.
It's weird as I restarted TOS and both my Windows and MAC computers don't have MyTrade. Prior to restarting it was there.

Real strange, still available on my end here.

In any case, do check out the browser version. You should be able to access: https://www.mytrade.com
I have no problems loading that page including looking for profiles of folks that I'm familiar with

UPDATE: Monday December 16, 2019 @ 6:55 am Eastern

I did some checking, it seems that there is NO CHANGE to the web version of MyTrade at this time
For example, if you wanted to look at Shadow Trader's MyTrade posts, it is still available at
https://www.mytrade.com/profile/ShadowTrader_Swing/
Access to MyTrade from TOS is also available at this time.

Last edited:

In any case, do check out the browser version. You should be able to access: https://www.mytrade.com
I have no problems loading that page including looking for profiles of folks that I'm familiar with

I did some checking, it seems that there is NO CHANGE to the web version of MyTrade at this time
For example, if you wanted to look at Shadow Trader's MyTrade posts, it is still available at

you have a mytrade account, would like to see all your studies😄😄

@Magic All my studies are offline (over 5,000 - too many to list) If you are looking for a specific study just post your request.

Yes the web version is still working thanks for the heads up

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.