What will happen to ThinkorSwim after Charles Schwab merger?

Solution
According to Charles Schwab it appears that they are planning to "Adopt and Integrate" thinkorswim. Whether or not it will remain free or be at a cost or monthly subscription price remains to be seen. I doubt they will keep it "free" and i don't blame them, too many people trading on other brokers and using TOS which is using up TD's resources at a loss, just doesn't make sense, im surprised TD never addressed the issue.

https://pressroom.aboutschwab.com/p...art-of-TD-Ameritrade-Integration/default.aspx
@Bendu Not much... It will take months to meld the two brokerages together, to whatever extent they combine things... Everyone has know this day was coming, just not what day it would transpire on... Today was that day...

I don't know why I thought of this but it reminds me of the guy in the movie "Airplane" where in his first scene he says, "Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking coffee," and then as things get worse, he says "quit smoking" then "quit cocaine" or some chronology like that. Anyway, I thought of this because I just joined TDA at the BOY, and now things may change. No, I don't think it is that big of a deal. Plenty of platforms out there. I just had a chuckle and wanted to share. Hey, I love this site and the many great people on it !!!

I don't know why I thought of this but it reminds me of the guy in the movie "Airplane" where in his first scene he says, "Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit drinking coffee," and then as things get worse, he says "quit smoking" then "quit cocaine" or some chronology like that. Anyway, I thought of this because I just joined TDA at the BOY, and now things may change. No, I don't think it is that big of a deal. Plenty of platforms out there. I just had a chuckle and wanted to share. Hey, I love this site and the many great people on it !!!
Everyone should have received an email from Chuck Schwab today... The two platforms will remain separate entities for the foreseeable future (18 - 36 months)... I have included a copy of the email I received...

Almost 50 years ago, two upstart companies pioneered a new model in the financial services industry—one entirely devoted to individual investors. Following this week's close of the acquisition, TD Ameritrade and Schwab are now part of one company with the same shared goal: helping people realize their dreams through the power of investing.

Both of our firms have been recognized for our innovative technology, client-friendly tools, and great service—all at lower costs. As we come together, our complementary strengths, scale, and shared passion for investors will create a unique firm in the industry. A company with a commitment to creating access for everyone. The resources to support clients at every stage of their journey. The integrity to keep clients' interests at the heart of everything we do. And a singular focus on creating better outcomes for you.

This week is just the beginning of a process that is expected to take between 18 and 36 months. Until then, Schwab and TD Ameritrade will operate as two separate broker-dealers. So for now, there's nothing you need to do. You can continue to work with TD Ameritrade as you do today and receive the same level of excellent service you're used to.

As we strive to bring the best of our two firms together, we're committed to making the process as simple and seamless as possible, and we'll be communicating with you along the way. You can always visit our Client Information Hub for the latest updates as well as a video of my reflections on the combination of these two companies and what it means for the industry and for you.

I'm humbled by this milestone for our firms and excited for what we can do together in the future. But as we look forward to all that lies ahead, it's important for you to know there is one thing that will not change at either firm: our commitment to do right by you.

Thank you for your ongoing trust and for the opportunity to continue to help you make the most of your tomorrow.

Sincerely,
Chuck

According to Charles Schwab it appears that they are planning to "Adopt and Integrate" thinkorswim. Whether or not it will remain free or be at a cost or monthly subscription price remains to be seen. I doubt they will keep it "free" and i don't blame them, too many people trading on other brokers and using TOS which is using up TD's resources at a loss, just doesn't make sense, im surprised TD never addressed the issue.

https://pressroom.aboutschwab.com/p...art-of-TD-Ameritrade-Integration/default.aspx

Solution

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.