Watchlist Custom Header Issue

L

Lambert58

Has anyone encountered on their custom watchlist the following statement. Custom Expression Subscription Limit Exceeded?
Any insight or direction would be very appreciated. I have 4 custom headers.

markos

markos

VIP
The problem lies in that you are calling too much data in your watchlist that is not for a built in column.
Sometimes even built in columns can overload the servers if the query is too complex.
It's more the complexity of the columns than the quantity of them.
Sometimes it helps to have a single indicator in each column.
Start with the S&P100 and work your up from there.

In the end, we all have a subscription limit that we can't go over without MW squawking.
For further explanation put "Subscription Limit Exceeded" in the search bar above.

dougn

dougn

2019 Donor
Not certain if this is discussed anywhere else as the search I ran did not reveal any other conversation on this topic.

The way to run as many "expressions" as you want is to install multiple instances of the Thinkorswim platform and run them simultaneously.

In my setup I have one instance dedicated to charts alone while 4 or 5 others are running unique versions of custom watchlists with multiple custom columns.

Of course you will adjust the number of columns by the size of watchlist or scan you are working on.

Simply download Thinkorswim as many times as you wish (alter the name for each on installation). Set the memory accordingly for each install and you are good to go. I simply rename each shortcut on my desktop to remind me which watchlist (or lists) that instance contains.

dougn

dougn

2019 Donor
I forgot to mention that the user will be limited by the amount of memory installed on their computer. But even lower memory levels should still allow multiple installs.

T

tomsk

VIP
If you reached your user subscription limit that means you have too many custom columns or requests to iData on your platform. According to Mobius in the lounge, the total user subscription limit had been 1500 total requests to iData ACROSS all watchlists and studies. That limit is subject to change without notice and isn't likely to change to a higher limit.

This limit is a throttle TOS puts on it's clients for calls to it's data stream. You can hit that wall by too many watch lists (the most common way) or too many programs / charts running. Once you exceed that limit it doesn't mean your programs quit working. All it means is that there's a cascade of data calls rejected. So you never know what's working or not

All the best

L

Lambert58

Thanks for all of the replies to this issue, it was resolved by decreasing the number of custom headers. I appreciate the feedback.

U

usahu

I have created few custom column and added to the watch list. after adding I see cells of a column showing the result and some cells in the same column showing error saying "custom expression subscription limit exceeded". How to fix the problem?