VWAP Cross Scanner

• Thread starter traderintheroom
  • Start date
traderintheroom

traderintheroom

Any one help with this? I would like a scanner (aka to be notified) when a stock in my parameters crossed above or below Intra-Day VWAP.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
You can use the default Scan tab in ThinkorSwim for this. During the scan editor, just select close for one side, crosses - crosses above - crosses below in the middle option, and select VWAP on the right side.

traderintheroom

traderintheroom

Thanks Ben. Here's as far as I got. Does it look right to you for an above VWAP criteria?

1) would I need to do a scan (each) for above and below?

2) Would the aggregation period be for an intraday time period or Daily? I would like to be alerted as it happens.

Last edited:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@traderintheroom Almost there, on the left column, select the dropdown > Price > close. Select the timeframe that you want. And yes, you would need to create 2 scans for this.

traderintheroom

traderintheroom

@traderintheroom Almost there, on the left column, select the dropdown > Price > close. Select the timeframe that you want. And yes, you would need to create 2 scans for this.
thank you.

A

allnetbrett

Thanks Ben. Here's as far as I got. Does it look right to you for an above VWAP criteria?

1) would I need to do a scan (each) for above and below?

2) Would the aggregation period be for an intraday time period or Daily? I would like to be alerted as it happens.

Can someone help with this coding? I am not following. I have been trying to get a VWAP scan for the longest.... any help?

V

Vincenzo

Hi all ,

I am wanting to create a scan that can find stocks which x amount of ticks have been above VWAP, is this possible?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Vincenzo Tick as in the tick chart? If so, ToS scanner doesn't support tick chart at the moment.

V

Vincenzo

@BenTen what if a line for the price close was created then create a scan that is below or equal to the close line?

V

Vincenzo

to be clear I am looking to scan: Stocks where the last 20 five minute candles lows close above VWAP

L

luicius

@Vincenzo I'm no expert at thinkscript but see if this works.

Code:
input priceLow = low;
input totalBars = 20;

def myVWAP = reference VWAP()."VWAP";
def lowsAboveVWAP = Lowest(priceLow,totalBars) > myVWAP;

plot scan = lowsAboveVWAP;
results:

V

Vincenzo

@luicius thank you so much!! where did you learn how to do that? I have so many ideas of stuff I want to build

V

Vincenzo

@BenTen thank you. Do you know of any pros who I could pay to write some as well?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Vincenzo If you need help with converting or making a new script, please post it as a separate thread in our Questions forum.

V

Vincenzo

hello all,

I am trying to use this code to search for stocks where the last 20 five minute candles closed above VWAP. I am having trouble creating the correct settings in the study to create this. How would I use this code to search for the desired parameters ?

Code:
input priceLow = low;
input totalBars = 20;

def myVWAP = reference VWAP()."VWAP";
def lowsAboveVWAP = Lowest(priceLow,totalBars) > myVWAP;

plot scan = lowsAboveVWAP;

thank you!

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Vincenzo It's actually not complicated at all and you don't even need any external script.

Start by setting up a scanner to look for close crossing above VWAP.

Adjust the within X bars value. By default, it's set to one, so it will be scanning for the latest bar. This field is optionable. I would leave it as 1.

Next, select the timeframe before you hit the Scan button.