RAF (Ready Aim Fire) Indicator for ThinkorSwim

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tem2005 yes, here you go, this is the updated version of the old RAF - I called it RAF orginally because I was trying to replicate the Ready Aim Fire from Simpler Trading. It is technically a Fisher Transform + CCI Combo script.

I pulled it up on tick charts and it shows to be working.

Updated FISH/CCI Combo
@cos251 I think what @tem2005 was asking about was the RAF with the 15 minute arrows showing on lower time frames. I believe its the MTF version of it, I tried tackling it but I didn't have much success with it.

@cos251 I think what @tem2005 was asking about was the RAF with the 15 minute arrows showing on lower time frames. I believe its the MTF version of it, I tried tackling it but I didn't have much success with it.
Thanks so much for the clarification. Didn't catch that. Let me see if it is possible.

@tem2005 yes, here you go, this is the updated version of the old RAF - I called it RAF orginally because I was trying to replicate the Ready Aim Fire from Simpler Trading. It is technically a Fisher Transform + CCI Combo script.

I pulled it up on tick charts and it shows to be working.

Updated FISH/CCI Combo
@cos251 @pkcfc thank you all for replying. I like the one in post #10 better it has less signals and better performance, so if please could convert that to be working for ticks charts. the one you mentioned worked but not like the old one.

Are the arrows formed after the candle is closed or right when its being formed? I used On Demand and it showed both but I know On Demand can be weird sometimes.

Thank you, @madpuri @BenTen @J007RMC . One question, can anyone share a description or a link on how to use this indicator? I am comparing this against old trend reversal and looks like this indicator is indicating the reversals 1 or 2 candles before the old trend reversal indicator. I want to make sure to fully understand what is AIM, Fire and the meaning behind the arrows after AIM or Fire.
1. Any quick description.
2. Best time frames for this indicator for swing trading.
will be of great help. Thank you all.

So RAF is EXACTLY same as the FW_stochastic that comes with TOS. difference is that exponential averages are used on the stochastic which gives a slightly different signal. The ready and aim really do nothing....they come from the soap signals. This indicator is to aid with turning points. All David Starr did was give it a new coat of paint, interpretation has never changed even though they don’t want you to know that.

So RAF is EXACTLY same as the FW_stochastic that comes with TOS. difference is that exponential averages are used on the stochastic which gives a slightly different signal. The ready and aim really do nothing....they come from the soap signals. This indicator is to aid with turning points. All David Starr did was give it a new coat of paint, interpretation has never changed even though they don’t want you to know that.

So it is useless? :)

Thank you, @madpuri @BenTen @J007RMC . One question, can anyone share a description or a link on how to use this indicator? I am comparing this against old trend reversal and looks like this indicator is indicating the reversals 1 or 2 candles before the old trend reversal indicator. I want to make sure to fully understand what is AIM, Fire and the meaning behind the arrows after AIM or Fire.
1. Any quick description.
2. Best time frames for this indicator for swing trading.
will be of great help. Thank you all.
The indicator has use on timeframes higher than 5m or 15m. ST usually uses it on the 30m and DAY. The indicator itself is a Fisher Transform (this is a general and common equation in math, at least from what I can find) to identify extremes in values, hence the potential for reversal identification. The Stochastics 17x5, 8x5 and 5x3 are all Transformed within the indicator using the calculation x = .5 * ln(1+x/1-x). The idea is that the 3 different Transformed Stochastics plus the Fisher Transform of price show potential and early signs of reversals, dips and confirmations in directions. As is the case with absolutely any indicator it should not be used on it's own. The the Ready Aim Fire version from ST is aesthetically enhanced and includes the thrust squares on the zero line. We've attempted to replicate the indicator as best as possible. We found most of the enhancements except the trust squares. There is a publicly available document that was put together by FWTraders that go into some detail on the Template and SOAP BUY and Sell Signals. These are what make up the Ready, AIM portion of the tool. The fire is generally regarded as the Magenta up and down arrows that are plotted on the FS17x5 Transformed Stochastic.

Fisher Transform Info LINK

Any updates with this regards sir
@tem2005 still taking a look. Most of the articles I've come across have indicated that it is not possible to do MTF on TICK charts. I came across one indicator on this site that may have figured a way to do it. Still studying it to see if I can incorporate it.

can someone please create a scan when FS17x5MA cross above or below that RAF signal (purple) line.
Add this to the bottom of the script code and then use the SCAN tool to setup your scan; You'll check that the FS17x5CrossAboveMA or FS17x5CrossBelowMA are "True"
Code:
# FS17x5 (Purple Line) Crosses Above FS17x5MovingAverage
plot FS17x5CrossAboveMA = if FS17x5 > FS17x5MA and FS17x5[1] < FS17x5MA[1] then 1 else Double.NaN;

# FS17x5 (Purple Line) Crosses Below FS17x5MovingAverage
plot FS17x5CrossBelowMA = if FS17x5 < FS17x5MA and FS17x5[1] > FS17x5MA[1] then 1 else Double.NaN;

@cos251 @pkcfc thank you all for replying. I like the one in post #10 better it has less signals and better performance, so if please could convert that to be working for ticks charts. the one you mentioned worked but not like the old one.
Hi @tem2005 I took the code from post #10 as you requested and removed the standard timeframes so it would work on TICK Charts. I'm not familiar much with TICK charts but from what I can tell it appears to be working fine. Try it out and let me know if it works for you.

Code:
# FVO_Fisher_CCI_Combo (ALSO Called FVO_RAF_UPPER)
# Recycled Indicators - combined by @cos251
# 2020.10.01    -    The script will calculate then FisherTransform and CCI in combinationto generate signals
#                    indicating possible trend.  The signals alone are not buy or sell signals but only a
#                    combination of two indicators to provide indication or trend as they relate to the two
#                    indicators mentioned.

# Signals            GREEN UP ARROW - FT crossed above FTOneBarBack and CCI has crossed above +100
#                    CYAN UP ARROW - FT crossed above FTOneBarBack and CCI > CCI[1]
#                    RED DOWN ARROW - FT crossed below FTOneBarBack and CCI has crossed below -100
#                    RED DOWN ARROW - FT crossed below FTOneBarBack and CCI < CCI[1]
###############################################################################################################

declare upper;

input length = 10;

###### CCI
input lengthCCI = 14;
input over_sold = -100;
input over_bought = 100;
input showBreakoutSignals = no;

################ Work on TICK Charts
def maxHigh_15m;
def minLow_15m;
def range_15m;
rec value_15m;
def truncValue_15m;
def fish_15m;
def FTUpArrow_15m;
def FTDownArrow_15m;
def FTOneBarBack_15m;
def price_15m;
def linDev_15m;
def CCI_15m;
if GetAggregationPeriod() <= AggregationPeriod.FIFTEEN_MIN {
    maxHigh_15m = Highest(hl2(), length);
    minLow_15m = Lowest(hl2(), length);
    range_15m = maxHigh_15m - minLow_15m;
    value_15m = if IsNaN(hl2()) then Double.NaN else if IsNaN(range_15m)
    then value_15m[1] else if range_15m == 0 then 0 else 0.66 * ((hl2() -
    minLow_15m) / range_15m - 0.5) + 0.67 * value_15m[1];
    truncValue_15m = if value_15m > 0.99 then 0.999 else if value_15m < -0.99 then -0.999 else value_15m;
    fish_15m = 0.5 * (log((1 + truncValue_15m) / (1 - truncValue_15m)) + fish_15m[1]);
    FTOneBarBack_15m = fish_15m[1];
    FTUpArrow_15m = if (fish_15m[1] < FTOneBarBack_15m[1]) and (fish_15m > FTOneBarBack_15m) then 1 else Double.NaN;
    FTDownArrow_15m = if (fish_15m[1] > FTOneBarBack_15m[1]) and (fish_15m < FTOneBarBack_15m) then 1 else Double.Nan;
    price_15m = close() + low() + high();
    linDev_15m = lindev(price_15m, lengthCCI);
    CCI_15m = if linDev_15m == 0 then 0 else (price_15m - Average(price_15m, lengthCCI)) / linDev_15m / 0.015;
} else {
    maxHigh_15m = 0;
    minLow_15m = 0;
    range_15m = 0;
    value_15m = 0;
    truncValue_15m = 0;
    fish_15m = 0;
    FTUpArrow_15m = 0;
    FTDownArrow_15m = 0;
    FTOneBarBack_15m = 0;
    price_15m = 0;
    linDev_15m = 0;
    CCI_15m = 0;
}
# CCI PLOT 1 MINUTE
def CCIUpSignal_15m = if lowest(CCI_15m[1],2) < 100 and CCI_15m > 100 then 1 else Double.Nan;
def CCIDownSignal_15m = if highest(CCI_15m[1],2) > -100 and CCI_15m < -100 then 1 else Double.Nan;
def FTUp_15m = if lowest(fish_15m[1],2) < FTOneBarBack_15m and fish_15m > FTOneBarBack_15m then 1 else Double.NaN;
def FTDOWN_15m = if highest(fish_15m[1],2) > FTOneBarBack_15m and fish_15m < FTOneBarBack_15m then 1 else Double.NaN;
plot comboUP_15m = if CCIUpSignal_15m and FTUp_15m then 1 else double.Nan;
comboUP_15m.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
comboUP_15m.AssignValueColor(Color.GREEN);
plot comboDown_15m = if CCIDownSignal_15m and FTDown_15m then 1 else double.Nan;
comboDown_15m.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_DOWN);
comboDown_15m.AssignValueColor(Color.RED);

plot fishUPCCIUp = if (FTOneBarBack_15m[1] > fish_15m[1] and FTOneBarBack_15m < fish_15m and CCI_15m > CCI_15m[1]) then 1 else Double.Nan;
fishUPCCIUp.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
fishUPCCIUp.AssignValueColor(Color.CYAN);

plot fishDownCCIDown = if (FTOneBarBack_15m[1] < fish_15m[1] and FTOneBarBack_15m > fish_15m and CCI_15m < CCI_15m[1]) then 1 else Double.Nan;
fishDownCCIDown.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_DOWN);
fishDownCCIDown.AssignValueColor(Color.LIGHT_RED);

Also a question for you @tem2005, are you looking for arrow signals from Higher TICK aggregations (for example 512 TICK Chart to show up on say a 133 TICK Chart? Just want to make sure I understood your request. That is also something I am trying to figure out how to do. I have come across some documentation saying that that is not quite possible for TICK charts, but I'll keep hunting.

I loaded both the upper and lower on my phone tonight and they are mobile compatible. Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
271 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back