RAF (Ready Aim Fire) Indicator for ThinkorSwim

Status
Not open for further replies.
These scans are working just fine.
...yea I guess you're right? I guess they have the source code within and blocked? If you go to the script it says no such function, but it's obviously pulling the results from somewhere. Typically you would need to have a chart indicator labeled ST_RAF_Scan for reference so I dunno what wizardry they got goin

PNVcOjE.jpg

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

Interested to see how it plays out @DDW.
The MA (GREEN line under the purple FS17x5fish) is still headed up on the Daily chart.
2D Chart shows what looks like a ramp up and maybe even a another up trend on the weekly leading into the election.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interested to see how it plays out @DDW.
The MA (GREEN line under the purple FS17x5fish) is still headed up on the Daily chart.
2D Chart shows what looks like a ramp up and maybe even a another up trend on the weekly leading into the election.

Helluva train to step in front of for sure!

Thanks for the link @cos251 -- quick question please, how do you interpret the shaded red and green squares? when it changes to green that means we're not in an uptrend? Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the link @cos251 -- quick question please, how do you interpret the shaded red and green squares? when it changes to green that means we're not in an uptrend? Thanks a lot.
Hi @ext99k - I will try and post a picture later but as far as I am aware the shaded areas are not necessarily trend indicating. I would be very cautious of using them in that fashion. I can tell you that the shaded area corresponds to the SOAPCount variable in the script. The k1v and k2v values in the script are used to calculate the SOAPCount. They are the 5 and 8 Stochastic respectively. The SOAPCount is above and below crosses of each other. As for colors:

1. Dark Red Area (After Red READY Signal) indicates a SOAPCount of -1
  2. Red Area (After Red AIM Signal) indicates a SOAPCount < -1
  3. Dark Green Area (After Green Ready Signal) indicates a SOAPCount of 1
  4. Green Area (After Green AIM Signal) indicates a SOAPCount of > 1
I have a modified version of the 3xStochastics Indicator that shows the Plot of the SOAPCount. I will post a picture for reference tonight if I get a chance. I hope this helps. I know it is not a super detailed explanation of the shaded areas. But again be cautious of using them as trends.
I will say however since I could not figure out what the thrust propulsion squares were coming from in the ST Indicator I used the 34 TEMA and plotted that on the ZERO line for trend. That is a very respectable trend indicator for this setup. I post a picture of this later today also for reference.

You'll notice that those squares only kick in after a ready or an aim. They're just there to clarify what phase of a move we're in, so the info really is no different than paying attention to the red or green line occurred most recently

Well, this is a real-time trade using your system time frames are 2/3k charts the 3k hasn't fired yet, and now I'm waiting for vwap confirmation. I'm trading BA of course. The stochastics closely parallel the drake stochastic indicator in Trading View I need to check that.

Last edited by a moderator:
What does the red upper left corner in the fisher stochastics represent?
In the RAF, it's the "soap" counter, basically its counting how many stochastic crossovers there are before you get your fire signal. I comment it out, adds nothing imo.

In the RAF, it's the "soap" counter, basically its counting how many stochastic crossovers there are before you get your fire signal. I comment it out, adds nothing imo.
This is correct. You can comment it out. I had just left it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenTen's Watchlist + Setup + Trade Recaps

Get access to Ben's watchlist, swing trading strategy, ThinkorSwim setup, and trade examples.

Learn more

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
238 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back