TTM Squeeze Format, Scan, Watchlist, Label For ThinkOrSwim

Added ATRplus for the two options that indicate the move is bigger than the ATR.
@Sagar these options might work better for you as well

@wtf_dude Somehow ATRplus is not triggering working for me that well.. Tested it almost a week and only triggered once on 10m for one symbol.. Nothing on other hours for any of the watchlist item. Can someone confirm if its working well for them. I changed move threshold from 50 to 25 also..

Added ATRplus for the two options that indicate the move is bigger than the ATR.
@Sagar these options might work better for you as well

@wtf_dude Somehow ATRplus is not triggering working for me that well.. Tested it almost a week and only triggered once on 10m for one symbol.. Nothing on other hours for any of the watchlist item. Can someone confirm if its working well for them. I changed move threshold from 50 to 25 also..
Cleaned the code a bit, but I think the logistics were ok. If you're using the ATR, then that's already your threshold. Go ahead and change the threshold entry to 0
Code:
# Advanced Squeeze Scanner v2.0
# Momentum Squeeze basis coding by Moebius, based on John Carter
# Scanner by WTF_Dude. Mods on 9.9.20
# Edited 9.22.20

declare lower;

input length = 20; #hint length: Length for average calculation
input price = close;
input SDmult = 2.0;
input ATR_mult = 1.5;
input ATR_length = 20;
input Move_Threshold = 0; #best to set to 0 if using ATR options

def K = (Highest(High, length) + Lowest(low, length)) /
               2 + ExpAverage(close, length);
  def Momo = Inertia(price - K / 2, length);

def SD = StDev(close, length);
def Avg = Average(close, length);
def ATR = Average(TrueRange(high, close, low), ATR_length);
def SDup = Avg + (SdMult * Sd);
def ATRup = Avg + (Atr_Mult * ATR);

def Squeeze = SDup < ATRup;

def zero = if IsNaN(close) or !IsNaN(Squeeze) then Double.NaN else 0;

def momobullup = Momo > Momo[1] and Momo > Move_Threshold and Momo>0;
def momobulldown = Momo > 0 and Momo < Momo[1];
def momobeardown =  Momo < Momo[1] and absvalue(Momo)>Move_Threshold and momo<0;
def momobearup = Momo < 0 and Momo > Momo[1];

def change = absvalue(close - close[1]);

# Squeeze breaks out in EITHER direction
Plot Breakout = squeeze[1] is true and squeeze is false;

# Breakout of squeeze to the upside
plot BreakoutBull = squeeze[1] is true and squeeze is false and momobullup;
# Breakout of squeeze to the downside
plot BreakoutBear = squeeze[1] is true and squeeze is false and momobulldown;

# Breakout of squeeze to the upside with move larger than ATR
plot BreakoutBullATRplus = squeeze[1] is true and squeeze is false and momobullup  and change>ATR;
# Breakout of squeeze to the downside with move larger than ATR
plot BreakoutBearATRplus = squeeze[1] is true and squeeze is false and momobeardown and change>ATR;

# Bull trend reverses and turns down while the color changes to dark blue
Plot BullTrendReversal = momobulldown is true and momobulldown[1] is false;
# Bear trend reverses and turns up while the color changes to yellow
Plot BearTrendReversal= momobearup is true and momobearup[1] is false;

# Zero line turns red and becomes a squeeze
plot EnteringSqueeze = Squeeze[1] is false and Squeeze is true;

Last edited:
Cleaned the code a bit, but I think the logistics were ok. If you're using the ATR, then that's already your threshold. Go ahead and change the threshold entry to 0
@wtf_dude
I will give a try this week for ATR option and will update the results here. Thanks for making everyone life easy. you are the best.

This is dumb, but i need help from someone here.

For some reason, I swear my squeeze indicator is reversed.

but, when i go to edit the indicator, it says alert red. normal green.

can anyone help me figure out if im crazy or not? :)

monday night. looks like $NAIL is on a daily squeeze. the middle ball is red.

Last edited by a moderator:
@vro3 Post a screenshot of your ToS. Here is my chart of $NAIL on the Daily timeframe.

NRe6igg.png

so - mine looks like that - but, in the edit studies - i have the two colors reverse. ill get you a screenshot in a bit!

UkXZZif.png

YgMwBeP.png

am i crazy? is this normal? shouldn't alert be red?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, @wtf_dude love the code work you are doing with ttm squeeze. Do you happen to have code handy for say 5 or more red bars that the energy has shifted for at least 2 yellow bars?

Hi, @wtf_dude love the code work you are doing with ttm squeeze. Do you happen to have code handy for say 5 or more red bars that the energy has shifted for at least 2 yellow bars?
you mean a downcycle where its been below 0 for at least 5 red bars, but has turned up and confirmed with 2 yellows coming up, correct?

@pk1729 Does anyone know how to create custom thinkscript when the TTM Squeeze dots turn from Red to Green?

I've tried to do this with the Conditional Wizard, but I can't figure it out and TOS Support said it's not possible through the condition wizard.

Please help! I've been trying to figure this out for 6 months!

you mean a downcycle where its been below 0 for at least 5 red bars, but has turned up and confirmed with 2 yellows coming up, correct?
That is correct, I sell a lot of put credit spreads. So I am looking for an early indicator that momentum is shifting from sell pressure to buy.

That is correct, I sell a lot of put credit spreads. So I am looking for an early indicator that momentum is shifting from sell pressure to buy.
Right on, this is absolutely NOT the best way to pull this off but I can't think for **** atm as I'm on like 3 hours sleep. This should work fine. Ive noticed sometimes it will print 3 bars up vs only 2 every now and then, but it will get you alot of candidates. Don't worry about the condition wizard. Just copy paste this into thinkscript editor and you're done.

Code:
# ChiefCarl custom request by WTF_Dude
# Momentum wave turns up for 2 bars and spending at least 5 bars descending

declare lower;

input price = close;
input SDmult = 2.0;
input ATR_mult = 1.5;
input ATR_length = 20;

def momobearup = Momo < 0 and Momo > Momo[1] and momo[1]>momo[2] and momo[2]<momo[3];

input min_bars =7;
def minreq = momo[3]<momo[4] and momo[4]<momo[5] and momo[5]<momo[6] and momo[6]<momo[7] and momo[7]<momo[8] and highest(momo,7)<0;
def twobarprint = momo>momo[1] and momo[1]>momo[2] and momo[3]<momo[4];

Plot BearMinMomentum = minreq and twobarprint;

@wtf_dude Thank you so much, just put code into ToS working great. Any way to tie TTM squeeze into MACD cross? Love to have scanner show me if MACD has crossed.

@wtf_dude Thank you so much, just put code into ToS working great. Any way to tie TTM squeeze into MACD cross? Love to have scanner show me if MACD has crossed.
Just add a new condition and use the condition wizard for the macd cross. Then save the scan to include both

Right on, this is absolutely NOT the best way to pull this off but I can't think for **** atm as I'm on like 3 hours sleep. This should work fine. Ive noticed sometimes it will print 3 bars up vs only 2 every now and then, but it will get you alot of candidates. Don't worry about the condition wizard. Just copy paste this into thinkscript editor and you're done.

Code:
# ChiefCarl custom request by WTF_Dude
# Momentum wave turns up for 2 bars and spending at least 5 bars descending

declare lower;

input price = close;
input SDmult = 2.0;
input ATR_mult = 1.5;
input ATR_length = 20;

def momobearup = Momo < 0 and Momo > Momo[1] and momo[1]>momo[2] and momo[2]<momo[3];

input min_bars =7;
def minreq = momo[3]<momo[4] and momo[4]<momo[5] and momo[5]<momo[6] and momo[6]<momo[7] and momo[7]<momo[8] and highest(momo,7)<0;
def twobarprint = momo>momo[1] and momo[1]>momo[2] and momo[3]<momo[4];

Plot BearMinMomentum = minreq and twobarprint;
@wtf_dude Thank you, love all your work!!

@chiefcarl Based on your testing, may i know what timeframe works best for this indicator?

Thanks all

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.