Repaints Trend Reversal for ThinkorSwim

Repaints
Status
Not open for further replies.

Volatility Trading Range

VTR is a momentum indicator that shows if a stock is overbought or oversold based on its Weekly and Monthly average volatility trading range.

Download the indicator

@Siva Please post the entire script... That error makes it sound like you are attempting to daisy-chain references and that could very well create issues...

Edited to add: Or take BenTen's advice... ;)

@Siva Don't forget to save the scanner as a watchlist and select the option called "Alerts when scan results change..."

JcXT7bW.png

@Siva Don't forget to save the scanner as a watchlist and select the option called "Alerts when scan results change..."

JcXT7bW.png
@BenTen
Thanks you for your quick response.
Yes. I selected my default watchlist for "Intersect with" and created a scan query with the below condition.

SivaBenIndicator()."upArrow" is true

Next I ran the scan. It gave zero results.
I saved it as a new watchlist
created an alert. Still don't see any messages.
What else I am missing here. please kindly advice.

@Siva It's after-hours right now, you shouldn't be getting any alerts. I don't know if it will send you alerts on time during market hours because of the repainting factor. So be aware of that.

@Siva It's after-hours right now, you shouldn't be getting any alerts. I don't know if it will send you alerts on time during market hours because of the repainting factor. So be aware of that.

I enabled After Hours option. Also now I am testing on /ES and /NQ.
I tested with ParabolicSARCrossover indicator during AH and got alerts for my watchlist until 8pm EST.

I enabled After Hours option. Also now I am testing on /ES and /NQ.
I tested with ParabolicSARCrossover indicator during AH and got alerts for my watchlist until 8pm EST.

Created a new alert now. Some how started working now. thanks a lot for all your inputs. Appreciate it.

Created a new alert now. Some how started working now. thanks a lot for all your inputs. Appreciate it.
Hi Siva. If the scanner is working for you, could you please post the code or let us know how you were able to make it work?

Hi Siva. If the scanner is working for you, could you please post the code or let us know how you were able to make it work?

This is what I did.

1. Save indicator https://tos.mx/vlVadom shared by Ben.
When you open the link in tos its asks you to save it. After that you can easily find it under study
2. Create a scan query and save it.
got Scan/Stock Hacker.
Sacn in "All Stocks"
intersect with myWatchList (I used my watch list)
Remove all filters if you have any then add a study filter and select the indicator shared by Ben. (Assume you know this on adding a study filter)
Select the plot UpArrow or DownArrow.
Set within the bars value to 3.
Save the query.
I created two queries. One for Up and other for Down.
3. Create the alert notification from the option "Alert when scan results change"
4. Verify them under Marketwatch/Alerts.

Hope this helps.

Siva, could you share the plots for your two scans. I have tried to load it on the scan tab under custom and it will not work. Any help would be much appreciated. I love the reversal indicator, and would love to be able to scan for these reversals.

Dear Ben, I have tried to use the scan in TOSS under custom thinkscript and it will load, but when the scan is made, it returns with an error on it without any signals on the scans. Could you help me. I love the original reverse trend, but cannot get it to work in a scan. Any help would be extremely appreciated.

Good Morning! Sorry if this question was answered before but going through 54 pages was a night mare.

if someone has converted the trend reversal into strategy and can share it it will be great help! I am new and don't know all these fancy stuff.
Also I read that this indicator repaints so use OnDemand instead of back testing. Please let me know steps if available to do this as well.

Just a suggestion - can we have a page just for the code. its hard to track each version.
if we use GitHub for maintenance of code I think it will simply everyones like. Github is free for everyone it also have auto versioning.

Thanks!
Parag

Last edited:
I love the one with the bubbles and use it daily as an indicator on my charts, but I cannot get it to run as a scan. It keeps saying error in the custom study of the sacn when I cut and pastor it into the thinkscript area.

This is what I did.

1. Save indicator https://tos.mx/vlVadom shared by Ben.
When you open the link in tos its asks you to save it. After that you can easily find it under study
2. Create a scan query and save it.
got Scan/Stock Hacker.
Sacn in "All Stocks"
intersect with myWatchList (I used my watch list)
Remove all filters if you have any then add a study filter and select the indicator shared by Ben. (Assume you know this on adding a study filter)
Select the plot UpArrow or DownArrow.
Set within the bars value to 3.
Save the query.
I created two queries. One for Up and other for Down.
3. Create the alert notification from the option "Alert when scan results change"
4. Verify them under Marketwatch/Alerts.

Hope this helps.
Thanks Siva for this study! I love it as an indicator for trend reversals. Great levels of color at reversals. Is there anyway This could be put inot a scan form so that you could scan for these reversals? I tried in the stock hacker under custom study for a scan but it kept giving me error. I did not know if there was a way to change the wording around so that it could not only be used as an indicator, but a scanner in Toss. Thanks so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator