Repaints Trend Reversal for ThinkorSwim

Repaints
Status
Not open for further replies.
New member here hopefully someone is feeling kind today :) looking to get the VIP membership this weekend but wanted to try this indicator... can someone tell me why im not getting alerts? I copied @tenacity11 is code into my TOS study

BenTen's Watchlist + Setup + Trade Recaps

Get access to Ben's watchlist, swing trading strategy, ThinkorSwim setup, and trade examples.

Learn more

Oh I've been using the crap out of it! LOVE it to death.....The bubbles are more eye appealing but when you stare at 6 to 8 different stocks at the same time, it gets overwhelming .... That's why I was asking you/community to possibly put an Audible Alert, or even a blinking red/blue bar on top of the chart?? Or the actual "Reversal" bubble change colors for 10 seconds or so??(I wonder if anyone has ever came up with that idea before?) Whichever is easiest???....definitely would raise eyebrows hahahahah

BTW.....it works magic on the FUTURES chart.....

Hey Stock trading did you get the alerts to work? I tried tenacity's code and it works good but no alerts and im certain im doing it correct... if you are do you mind pasting the link from TOS to your code?

@Sniper3lite A few possible reasons:

1. The alert will only work for the ticker that you're currently looking at.
2. There was a delay in the signal

thank you. what do you mean by exceeded please? what makes it repaint if you could please clarify how indicator works.
exceeded means if the low or high of the bar that is painted cyan or magenta is taken out then it will repaint. this indicator tells me that a possible low or high has been made.

@tem2005 I tried it out today and it does repaint a lot. You shouldn't trade this indicator blindly. You need to know some technical analysis in combination with other indicators. Seems to give better signals if you use it with SuperTrend

@tem2005 I tried it out today and it does repaint a lot. You shouldn't trade this indicator blindly. You need to know some technical analysis in combination with other indicators. Seems to give better signals if you use it with SuperTrend

Are you talking about the swing high swing low? How do you like it compared with trend reversal?

exceeded means if the low or high of the bar that is painted cyan or magenta is taken out then it will repaint. this indicator tells me that a possible low or high has been made.
Can you tell me whether there is a limit as to how many candles after a signal appears that a signal will potentially repaint? If so, what is that number?

Also, I have noticed that (on a daily chart), a signal will sometimes show up for YESTERDAY, at TODAY'S close, when it did not appear at yesterday's close. Any idea why this happens? Thank you.

Can you tell me whether there is a limit as to how many candles after a signal appears that a signal will potentially repaint? If so, what is that number?

Also, I have noticed that (on a daily chart), a signal will sometimes show up for YESTERDAY, at TODAY'S close, when it did not appear at yesterday's close. Any idea why this happens? Thank you.
Bob I've seen it happen after 2 or 3 but I do not use this as a stand alone. As far as the D chart I don't work with those for the most part so maybe one of our members who works with D charts can shed some insight for you.

@BenTen Can we get the alerts on mobile for this script? When I tried got some error related to ZigZagHighLow
What was the error...??? I'm not 100% certain but I don't think ZigZagHighLow will work on mobile due to aggregation... I'll double-check though...

Hi,

Can you please help me with the code where I can add Trend Reversal indicator up or down with different color on watch list? Thank you!!!

What was the error...??? I'm not 100% certain but I don't think ZigZagHighLow will work on mobile due to aggregation... I'll double-check though...

Got the below error.

Error processing referenced script SivaAlert: No such function: ZigZagHighLow at 1:1
Expected double at 1:17

Same error when I tried to add ParabolicSAR function as well

@VenB Due to the repainting factor, I'm not sure if this will work properly when adding as a watchlist column.

@Siva Was this related to the setup that @tenacity11 shared?

Edit: Never mind, I don't think so. Can you post a screenshot of the error?

I modified the script and replaced the reversal label command with Arrow up or down fuction.
Irrespective of that its not able to detect the ZigZagHighLow function.

Same study working fine on charts. Only challenge is not able to create an alert to send to mobile as a text message whenever there is a reversal.
Any other indicator/script you suggest ?

How do I upload a screenshot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator