Repaints Trend Reversal for ThinkorSwim

Repaints
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

@BenTen I tried that script you linked but it doesn't work as well on the 1 hour candles as the other one.
Like 5 minutes ago I got a reversal on TSLA after market. We'll see how well that goes given the horrific drop today on TSLA. I'm sure there are some people out there that blew up their accounts on that one.

@mike151 I sent you the link to that mod because you were asking about the alerts. At the end of that script it has the alert code.

@mike151 I sent you the link to that mod because you were asking about the alerts. At the end of that script it has the alert code.

If you add:
alert(bullish2[1], "Bull", Alert.BAR, Sound.Ring);
alert(bearish2[1], "Bear", Alert.BAR, Sound.Ding);

to the bottom of his code you get an error message. Unless I did something wrong?

@madeinnyc
That is almost the same code but there are differences so I don't know if the bearish bullish alerts will work.
In mine it looked like the sound was in there but commented out so I took out the # where applicable but that still didn't produce a chime or ding when reversing. You couldn't pay me to look at a 1 minute chart after this and some other things I've learned. Still a noob but cashing some checks!!!

@madeinnyc Because I think script was modified. Just change the def value to the one that the default script is using.

I just took another look at the scrip that I posted. Would it be safe to say that If I took the # out everywhere that it precedes the word Alert, that might fix my sound alert issue?

@mike151 In theory, that's should do it. However, if you look at the earlier pages, you will see some discussion regarding the alerts. It either doesn't work or is delayed.

Yes test first always back test! While this works good on the 1 hour on stocks that move up and down in a typical fashion, if you try to trade something like TSLA with it, ,,,,, well, I wouldn't advise it at all.

Good day, I've been trying to get the signal of the trend reversal scanner on a column when there is an up arrow. When there is a signal, I'd like for the background cell in the column to be green.....See script below; Any assistance is appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
@BenTen Hey BenTen, thank you for such a nice initiative - this is my first ever post - i was testing this indicator on "On Demand" and in reality, the problem seems to be that the indicator keeps repainting itself - is there something that I am missing - currently I am at a "loss" of 5% and the reversal indicator has repainted itself 3 times. How exactly do you recommend using it? any tips would be greatly appreciated.

and i am using 1D-5M chart

@humanz27 That's correct. I'm glad you're doing it via OnDemand first. I already mentioned this in the original post, this indicator will repaint. I personally don't use it. I wouldn't recommend anyone using it either, especially if you're a beginner. There is no way to fix the repainting issue.

@humanz27 That's correct. I'm glad you're doing it via OnDemand first. I already mentioned this in the original post, this indicator will repaint. I personally don't use it. I wouldn't recommend anyone using it either, especially if you're a beginner. There is no way to fix the repainting issue.

Yeah, I would only test anything on OnDemand and get aquatinted before I start to burn my money :)

Anyway, what is your recommended study or indicator or the combination that you use and it has seemed to work.

Any guidance on this will be appreciated please. Reply requested from @BenTen or any other member.

Thanks much in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenTen's Watchlist + Setup + Trade Recaps

Get access to Ben's watchlist, swing trading strategy, ThinkorSwim setup, and trade examples.

Learn more