Trend Reversal Indicator with Signals for ThinkorSwim

W

WolfgangFX

@BenTen This is the scanner that I was able to successfully setup : https://tos.mx/ace3eC

Give this a shot, I'll be trying this out tomorrow
How did you set it up? Did you copy the code into the ThinkScript? or added the study all together? I'm getting an error message that says "Trying to self-assign a non-initialized rec: state. Not sure how to go about this.

Last edited:
B

bmwman1k

I have a question about reversals based, for example, on Bollinger bands, I tried to write on thinscript that when current high is above the upper band then the shares change for the negative sign shares, for short reversal, and when the current low is below the lower band the sign changes to positive shares for bullish reversal. It should be a simple few lines of codes, but I couldn't achieved other than only positive sign shares. Thanks in advance

A

asragov

2019 Donor
VIP
How did you set it up? Did you copy the code into the ThinkScript? or added the study all together? I'm getting an error message that says "Trying to self-assign a non-initialized rec: state. Not sure how to go about this.
Also getting the same error

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@asragov Too many tickers in your watchlist. Adjust it. This happens when you're scanning in the "All Stocks" watchlist.

W

WolfgangFX

@asragov Too many tickers in your watchlist. Adjust it. This happens when you're scanning in the "All Stocks" watchlist.
Thanks Ben! I just saw your reply! I scanned on the top percentage gainers and this time I got no matching symbols back... Must be because I ran the scanner afterhours.

A

asragov

2019 Donor
VIP
Thanks, Ben - it worked fine on the S&P 500 - that's plenty for me

R

Robster021

VIP
Hi, @BenTen do you or anyone else know how to add an audible alert to this script? Thanks.

FreefallJM03

FreefallJM03

VIP
I tried to figure this out, but all it does is give me a message that it has been saved in ThinkorSwim, but it doesn't show where it is saved and I don't see it as an available scanner.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@FreefallJM03 Look for the popup in your ThinkorSwim. Generally you can type the term from and you should be able to go through the list and find it.

FreefallJM03

FreefallJM03

VIP
@FreefallJM03 Look for the popup in your ThinkorSwim. Generally you can type the term from and you should be able to go through the list and find it.

OK, I found it in the scanner editor. It is asking for other information such as "crosses", "crosses below", etc. Do I just select whatever I want to find? I'm trying to use it to show me daily close for a reversal.

FreefallJM03

FreefallJM03

VIP
@FreefallJM03 Check out message #821
I'm already aware of making my own scans, I have several that work great for day trading. I thought that imported scan was a stand alone scan that did not need to be configured by the user for crosses, crosses above, etc. I misunderstood that scanner as being specifically for the reversal indicator. I like the reversal indicator chart and would love to see that made into a watchlist like BuytheDip. I'm going to have to study that BuytheDip, because all of the stocks I've recently traded wouldn't have faired too well using BuytheDip. The dip is too far before the turnaround in most cases unless the user wanted to withstand a 10% or higher drawdown. I also don't see any "buythedip" popup on the chart.

S

spencepuppy

VIP
@mikeraya Been using it for awhile.
Is this real-time? as in do you only have to wait for the one candle to close before it gives a confirmation signal on the next one? it seems a lot of these indicators are delayed by numerous bars or repaint/disappear. Can you create a list of the best real-time indicators for scalpers

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@spencepuppy I'm no longer using this indicator because it always repaints during live trading.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@spencepuppy Most of the indicators here do not repaint. If I recall correctly, there are only a few out of the hundreds shared. If an indicator repaint, it should be stated within its own thread.

S

spencepuppy

VIP
@spencepuppy Most of the indicators here do not repaint. If I recall correctly, there are only a few out of the hundreds shared. If an indicator repaint, it should be stated within its own thread.
What's your fav real-time one for scalping?