Repaints Trend Reversal for ThinkorSwim

Repaints
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Siva for this study! I love it as an indicator for trend reversals. Great levels of color at reversals. Is there anyway This could be put inot a scan form so that you could scan for these reversals? I tried in the stock hacker under custom study for a scan but it kept giving me error. I did not know if there was a way to change the wording around so that it could not only be used as an indicator, but a scanner in Toss. Thanks so much!
Have you save the indicator ( https://tos.mx/vlVadom ) given by Ben
I am able to see the tickers under the scanner by keeping only this indicator. PLease make sure you changed the withing bar count to min 3. I tested for 3min time frame and I am able to get mobile alerts

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator

I was hoping this would work on some forex symbols. Then I realize that since this code uses zigzag logic that it can't. I was wondering if any of you know why any of the ZigZag studies (including the excellent ones shared here on usethinkscript.com) require volume. Maybe I'm glazing over the bit of code that requires it, but all of the zigzag studies do not seem to involve thinkscript that specifically requires volume on the symbol for viewing. I'm at a loss. Do any of you know?

I was hoping this would work on some forex symbols. Then I realize that since this code uses zigzag logic that it can't. I was wondering if any of you know why any of the ZigZag studies (including the excellent ones shared here on usethinkscript.com) require volume. Maybe I'm glazing over the bit of code that requires it, but all of the zigzag studies do not seem to involve thinkscript that specifically requires volume on the symbol for viewing. I'm at a loss. Do any of you know?
I think you may have your charts set up wrong? It works just fine for me. The volume appears to only be used for additional bubble or label information generally. Zig Zag essentially works on angle changes and pivot points, which applies to all securities

I just starting using it on 1 minute chart of /NQ. It is giving some nice signals. Many thanks to the developers...Scott

I've tried many combinations but to be honest simplicity has always worked best for me and just the TMO along with the swing high low candles and the trend reversal has proven itself. I think you should definitely look at different things and find what you feel works best for you.
How do you get the swing high/low candles? Is that a separate indicator apart from TR and TMO on this forum?

Seems an amazing indicator, nice work.. What do you think is the best indicator to use with it for best safe entry?

Thanks in advance..

@Rami_sds There is no "best indicator." You should browse the forum and see what works for you and your trading style.

@BenTen I've been using your https://tos.mx/aGoeQ4 reversal indicator for awhile now, the old one. :) Is there a way to change the lines below so that we can remove the price from the bubble? I've tried several things and I'm just tripping over myself at this point. I'm wanting to keep all of the coloring but just have it say Reversal by itself.

AddChartBubble((barnumber and U1), if isUp then low else high, if showarrows and signal > 0 and signal[1] <= 0 then "Reversal:" + low else "" , if Colorbars == 3 then Color.PLUM else Color.UPTICK, no);
AddChartBubble((barnumber and D1), if isUp then low else high, if showarrows and signal < 0 and signal[1] >= 0 then "Reversal:" + high else "" , if Colorbars == 3 then Color.PLUM else Color.DOWNTICK, yes);

@opunui25 If all you want is the Reversal, try this:
Ruby:
AddChartBubble((barnumber and U1), if isUp then low else high, if showarrows and signal > 0 and signal[1] <= 0 then "Reversal" else "" , if Colorbars == 3 then Color.PLUM else Color.UPTICK, no);
AddChartBubble((barnumber and D1), if isUp then low else high, if showarrows and signal < 0 and signal[1] >= 0 then "Reversal" else "" , if Colorbars == 3 then Color.PLUM else Color.DOWNTICK, yes);

When I checked this indicator last it used to repaint. Has the repainting been overcome by now? the topic has become 55 pages now so would save lots of time if quick answer is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volatility Trading Range

VTR is a momentum indicator that shows if a stock is overbought or oversold based on its Weekly and Monthly average volatility trading range.

Download the indicator