ToS does not recognize Fidelity mutual fund ticker symbols

Jah Luv

ToS does not recognize Fidelity mutual fund ticker symbols, e.g. FDFIX. It does recognize Vanguard mutual fund ticker symbols.

Does anybody know why this is? or how I can get around this?

Thanks in advance.

John

ToS does not recognize Fidelity mutual fund ticker symbols, e.g. FDFIX. It does recognize Vanguard mutual fund ticker symbols.

Does anybody know why this is? or how I can get around this?

In my experience, there are several reasons that a fund (Fidelity or others) may not show up in TOS.

1- Brand new funds often take some time to appear. A workaround is to use an equivalent ETF if one exists.

2- Institutional shares or other shares not available to retail investors (e.g., shares that are only sold through advisors or to corporate retirement plans) will likely not show up. The Fido site says FDFIX purchase is restricted to certain account holders, therefore you likely will not find it in TOS any time soon, if ever. A workaround is to find the equivalent fund (or ETF) available to retail investors, if one exists, and track that fund. The only real difference will likely be the expense ratio. If the same fund isn't available to retail investors, you can track the individual fund components in a separate watchlist to see which are up or down.

Hope that helps. Best wishes and Happy Trading!

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

I hope I am answering the question correctly. I own four Fidelity Mutual Funds in my TD Ameritrade account. For example, I dont mind sharing a couple;
FNCMX
FBALX

I have had these in the account for several years. I just recently began accruing the first one because I believe it will do well when the storm is over.

I hope I am answering the question correctly. I own four Fidelity Mutual Funds in my TD Ameritrade account. For example, I dont mind sharing a couple;
FNCMX
FBALX

I have had these in the account for several years. I just recently began accruing the first one because I believe it will do well when the storm is over.
Thank you for your response.

I entered those two Fidelity ticker symbols that you gave me into a watchlist and ToS recognized them. Curious! Ticker symbols like

FDFIX
FIBUX
FLAPX
FLXSX,

however, are not recognized. These are funds in my robo-advised account at Fidelity.

Thanks to you, I think I figured it out. These four funds seem to be internal funds and not the ones available to investors with other brokerages. Trader Raider knew it was something like this.

What is curious, though, is that Active Trader Pro recognizes all of the ticker symbols.

Once again, thanks.

JL

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
364 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back