TOS Conditional Order to Sell

B

bigpemby

Tradestation has this built in and I cannot figure out how to recreate. So I want to an exit order when price pierces the 9 period EMA by 0.25 for example. I can create the order that will exit when 9 period EMA is breached but I cannot get the extra 0.25. I can put an order type trail stop but this doesn't trail the EMA minus 0.25. The offset provisions in the order screen deal with offsetting the number of bars not the price. Its a very simple order but there seems to be no way to make TOS do it. The order needs to move dynamically with the EMA. A simple market order when condition is met is fine with me.

This is the thinkscript generated for a simple low price break of EMA. I just need to be able to add the dynamic 0.25 below.

low is less than MovAvgExponential()."AvgExp"

W

wam1234

Hi I would like to set up the following conditional sell order

close < low

What I would like to do is to have my sell order sent if the current price break the current low.

It perfectly works with the previous low, "close < low [1]" but I can't make it work for the current bar.

Thanks for your help!!

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
@wam1234 If you want to use current pricing, try using LAST instead of CLOSE... You can't reference CLOSE on an active bar/candlestick...

W

wam1234

Hi, thanks for your answer

Unfortunately, we can't use LAST on the conditional order.

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
Hi, thanks for your answer

Unfortunately, we can't use LAST on the conditional order.
So are you working on a strategy, or a conditional order for auto-trading...??? What can and cannot be used in conditional orders is definitely limited... I spent a couple days, on and off, with online support from within TOS trying to get some code to work and eventually scrapped the concept because what they were saying should work wouldn't...