Last edited:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
This was pulled from the TSL archive.

11:07 UpTheCreek: TSV is proprietary to Worden. I dont believe the algo has ever been disclosed.
11:13 Wally: TSV_Replica http://tos.mx/P2Hgh1
Code:
# Time Segmented Value (TSV)
Declare lower;
input length = 18;

#TSV=(Sum( IIf( C > Ref(C,-1), V * ( C-Ref(C,-1) ),
# IIf( C < Ref(C,-1),-V * ( C-Ref(C,-1) ), 0 ) ) ,18));

plot TSV = sum( if close > close[1] then volume * (close - close[1]) else if close < close[1] then -1* volume *(close - close[1]) else 0, length);

Plot TSVAvg = Average( TSV,5);

S

SolidChiken

VIP
Thank you @BenTen . Really appreciate it. Noticed it doesn't look the same as the one on the article. Do you know how to adjust the code to make it have a zero line ?

Last edited:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@SolidChiken Here is the code for the Zero Line. Add it to the bottom of that script. Keep in mind that what I posted above is a replica of the indicator you wanted. May or may not work the same.

Code:
plot ZeroLine = 0;
ZeroLine.SetDefaultColor(Color.GREEN);

H

horserider

VIP
Warehouse
@SolidChiken You do know you can give any name you want to an indicator. So what he calls TSV may very well be similar to an already existing one. Write it up nice and voila a proprietary indicator to sell your service. Since no calculations are shown we can only guess.
My best guess is OnBalanceVolume.

The one BenTen showed you has a scale starting at 0. No need for a zero line.

H

horserider

VIP
Warehouse
@SolidChiken I see now they also have that write up on OBV. So TSV must be different. Bad guess by me.

OBV is not BMP . ToS has a BalanceofMarketPower indicator.

I am going to play with this tomorrow when I have some spare time. I like the mystery of what TSV is. I am wondering about that web site. How they claim the indicators show dark pool activity is beyond me. Maybe someone more an expert on dark pools can help out.

What had me scratching my head was this "The Bollinger Band indicator employs two simple moving averages with two standard deviations. By applying the standard deviations to the moving averages, " . Makes me wonder about anything they say.

S

SolidChiken

VIP
@horserider... I've tried the BoMP. However the indicator doesn't correspond to what I want to see in the chart.
The TSV code that we having here looks like not the same as the page. The zero line is staying at the bottom.
Anyone here can help to tweak it ? 🙏

V

veerasareddy

Code:
Declare lower;
input length = 18;

plot TSV = sum( if close > close[1] then volume * (close - close[1]) else if close < close[1] then -1* volume *(close - close[1]) else 0, length);

@BenTen Awesome.. Thank you Ben.

G

gjervis

VIP
Warehouse

Code:
Declare lower;
input length = 18;

Hi Ben,
can this script work on currency pairs? i am looking for a volume indicator that can work with currency pairs.

markos

markos

VIP
Warehouse
Hi Ben, can this script work on currency pairs? i am looking for a volume indicator that can work with currency pairs.
Hi @gjervis Once you get in touch with support via the button on top of the screen and after you ask about thinkscript lounge, ask them to set up your free tour of the system with emphasis on currency pairs. You are entitled to a free personal tour. Have 10 questions ready so they stay on track with currency information. I don't recall any currency pair info on this site.

If you would rather speak on the phone, go back to Tutorials. There is a "Secret" phone number that I call for the Advanced Team.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
BenTen Indicators 0
H Questions 0
V Questions 2
L Questions 2
H Questions 36