Three week tight scan

TheRaptor22

TheRaptor22

Looking for a scan for a three week tight scan , each weekly closing price within about 1% of prior weeks (3) close. Thanks in advance

T

tomsk

VIP
Looking for a scan for a three week tight scan , each weekly closing price within about 1% of prior weeks (3) close. Thanks in advance
Perhaps some sort of consolidation scan might do the job

T

Trotter2019

I'm not good at scanning was wondering is there away to scan for consolidation at the high and low of the day or the previous day
or the week not sure how to setup parameters any help would be thankful

T

tomsk

VIP
Perhaps some sort of consolidation scan might do the job
Since I have a bit more free time today, I looked further into @TheRaptor22 request for a 3 week consolidation scan.
I used Mobius consolidation scan and set it to a weekly aggregation and ran scans on the C&P 500, NASDAQ and Russell 2000
No results were obtained.

Next I dropped the aggregation down to a daily timeframe, and only found 1 result on the Russell 2000.
Hence this suggests that only 1 out of the universe of stocks out there are in consolidation mode.

T

Trotter2019

Since I have a bit more free time today, I looked further into @TheRaptor22 request for a 3 week consolidation scan.
I used Mobius consolidation scan and set it to a weekly aggregation and ran scans on the C&P 500, NASDAQ and Russell 2000
No results were obtained.

Next I dropped the aggregation down to a daily timeframe, and only found 1 result on the Russell 2000.
Hence this suggests that only 1 out of the universe of stocks out there are in consolidation mode.
Hey Tomsk thanks I was hoping for MTF scans but thank you for your time

T

tomsk

VIP
Hey Tomsk thanks I was hoping for MTF scans but thank you for your time
@Trotter2019 No secondary aggregations are accepted in the scanner. The best that you can do is to define separate scan filters, each with its own aggregation.

TheRaptor22

TheRaptor22

Thanks but i found luck on a outside platform other than TOS

O

Oleron

I'm still pretty new at trading, but I've already come across the following pattern enough to stick out in my mind:

Seems to occur often, though certainly not exclusively, in biotech stocks, though that may be my personal bias.

Anyway, I want to build a scan for stocks that run flat like this then go parabolic. The trouble is, they often stay flat like this for months before that initial period of agitation. I want to build a scan that flags them after the flatline when they start to flare up, but I'm not sure how to go about it, and would appreciate any assistance to that end. Thanks.

O

Oleron

My request was moved to this thread, which seems to have rather effectively buried it. Please read and consider the previous post.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@Oleron Take a look at the discussion that we already have above.

B

BONAMS999

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to TOS and looking for a script to Scan for stocks in consolidation phase for a specific duration (1 week,2 weeks,3 days) before the actual break out happens.

Kindly help or suggest if there are any scripts available for this.

Thanks in advance.

B

BONAMS999

@Oleron any luck..I was searching for similar scanner.

L

luicius

I'm still pretty new at trading, but I've already come across the following pattern enough to stick out in my mind:

Seems to occur often, though certainly not exclusively, in biotech stocks, though that may be my personal bias.

Anyway, I want to build a scan for stocks that run flat like this then go parabolic. The trouble is, they often stay flat like this for months before that initial period of agitation. I want to build a scan that flags them after the flatline when they start to flare up, but I'm not sure how to go about it, and would appreciate any assistance to that end. Thanks.
I too am looking for something exactly like this. Do you remember the the parameters you entered on Finviz?