Three Bar Play

T

Ty199

Its been talked about alot and is supposed to be accurate and profitable. The only thing I dont understand is how do they find a 3 Bar Play ? Is there a scanner or a indicator ? All the stocks how do you find a 3 Bar Play LOL ?

T

tomsk

VIP
There are standard TOS candlestick studies called ThreeInsideUp and ThreeInsideDown, perhaps you might want to explore those. I don't use those though but you can easily convert those to scans as needed

Additionally there are also standard TOS candlestick patterns called Three OutSideUp and ThreeOutsideDown

Last edited:
T

tomsk

VIP
Being curious myself I just ran scans on all 4 patterns I mentioned above and obtained the following results on a scan of the S&P 500 (daily)

ThreeInsideUp - 6
ThreeInsideDown - 2
ThreeOutsideUp - 3
ThreeOutsideDown - 11

S

soary

Its been talked about alot and is supposed to be accurate and profitable. The only thing I dont understand is how do they find a 3 Bar Play ? Is there a scanner or a indicator ? All the stocks how do you find a 3 Bar Play LOL ?

This site is great but many assume everyone is a coder and tell what to do such as convert a script to a scanner instead of showing or simply posting the conversion. This might help

https://usethinkscript.com/threads/3-bar-play-pattern-scan.1765/