Sync of price on vertical axis with Active Trader price

SugarTrader

With the frequent service disruption of TOS these days, I prefer to ask this question to make sure I get it right.

During regular market hour, I often notice that the price displayed on the price vertical axis and the one displayed on the active trader are not in sync i.e. not the same value.

As I am working a lot on 3m chart, I want to know if this is a normal behavior, or whether it is a problem of TOS refresh issue.

See my pic below that I took when the market is closed, so same value of price. But I can assure you that the price value are not identical when market is open. I am talking about significant difference!

Thank you

2020-08-23-23-09-25.jpg

When the market is closed the Bid/Ask will often match up but in realtime trading this is a rarity unless large blocks of shares are trading hands... I almost never see that happen, but it can and does... Under normal circumstances there should be anything from a miniscule to substantial spread between the Bid/Ask... Another thing that I see happen during the day is that if the spread gets too tight you may actually see two sequential price points highlighted as the last trade price, complete with indicator arrows - and both may even have buyers and sellers... I attribute it more to data lag than anything else...

Hope this helps...

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

I have noticed this once or twice. The price on the right column didn't match with the quote from my watchlist or at the top of the screen. This may happen if ThinkorSwim starts to lag at the open.

Thanks for your inputs.
The difference I am referring to is probably not due to bid/ask. I mean it is super large gap.
I will monitor again. will take a screen shot if this happen.

Thanks for your inputs.
The difference I am referring to is probably not due to bid/ask. I mean it is super large gap.
I will monitor again. will take a screen shot if this happen.
I've seen HUGE spreads between Bid/Ask, especially during an early morning breakout... There have been times I haven't even bothered trying to get into a trade because I was afraid I'd be getting filled at or near the top and then end up in a losing trade... I'm talking and easy $0.15 - $0.20 or greater spread... The opposite of a "Falling Knife"...!!!

I've seen HUGE spreads between Bid/Ask, especially during an early morning breakout... There have been times I haven't even bothered trying to get into a trade because I was afraid I'd be getting filled at or near the top and then end up in a losing trade... I'm talking and easy $0.15 - $0.20 or greater spread... The opposite of a "Falling Knife"...!!!
Thanks. Let me test again and check on multiple stock the coming days, I will report if the issue persists.