Supertrend Indicator by Mobius for ThinkorSwim

D

DMS Trader

This is great. Is there a way to change the color of the price bubbles?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@DMS Trader Take a look at the bottom of your script, you should see the following:

Code:
AddChartBubble(close crosses below ST, low[1], low[1], color.Dark_Gray);
AddChartBubble(close crosses above ST, high[1], high[1], color.Dark_Gray, no);

H

HMB13

VIP
@BenTen I am new here and thanks for this awesome indicator, my question is, what is the best time frame using this indicator?(2, 5 min)
Is it best works with small cap or large cap?

Attached are my script and screenshot, please advise if I need to adjust some settings for best results.

Code:
# Mobius
# SuperTrend
# Chat Room Request
input AtrMult = 1.0;
input nATR = 4;
input AvgType = AverageType.HULL;
input PaintBars = yes;
def ATR = MovingAverage(AvgType, TrueRange(high, close, low), nATR);
def UP = HL2 + (AtrMult * ATR);
def DN = HL2 + (-AtrMult * ATR);
def ST = if close < ST[1] then UP else DN;
plot SuperTrend = ST;
SuperTrend.AssignValueColor(if close < ST then Color.RED else Color.GREEN);
AssignPriceColor(if PaintBars and close < ST

then Color.RED

else if PaintBars and close > ST

then Color.GREEN

else Color.CURRENT);

def bullish = close crosses below ST;
def bearish = close crosses above ST;

# Alerts
Alert(bullish, " ", Alert.Bar, Sound.Chimes);
Alert(bearish, " ", Alert.Bar, Sound.Bell);

# End Code SuperTrend

thanks!
Sam

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@HMB13 Just like most indicators, this one was not designed for a particular timeframe or market cap. You would have to play around with it and see which one works best for you.

H

HMB13

VIP
@HMB13 Just like most indicators, this one was not designed for a particular timeframe or market cap. You would have to play around with it and see which one works best for you

Sure thanks!

H

HMB13

VIP
Question for experts:
What is the best ATR mult. and nATR for 2 min and 5 min?
For me, it seems I got some pretty good signals using ATR multi = 1.2 , nATR=8

Any suggestions!

Last edited:
A

apex

Hi all this is my first post on the forums. I am using a super trend indicator as well as a few other indicators for day trading futures markets like /ZS, /ZW, and /ZM on a 4 minute chart. I looked previously at the trend reversal indicator but noticed it repaint multiple times in live trading as well as seeing it mentioned on the thread. I liked the custom suggested stop loss indicator that it came with and I was wondering if anyone can give me insight into how to code a custom stop loss into the super trend indicator. I'm relatively new to coding using thinkScript but I have been coding for a few years now using Java, Python, and C++. If anyone has any suggestions as to how to go about this project it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You in advance

rad14733

rad14733

VIP
Greetings, @apex, and welcome to the forums... You might be interesting in perusing the ATRTrailingStop() Study that comes with Thinkorswim for ideas on how to incorporate stoploss...

S

sshaniga

VIP
can someone share which values worked better for daily timeframe ?

L

lostmarxbro

I like the Trade reversal indicator far better, combined with Volume Profile and Ichimoku Cloud. My charts are a mess but entry and exit points are very clear.

C

chaseimo

Just FYI, This indicator works great when paired with the Leledc Port indicator. I use it on the 3,5,8 minute charts and scalp.

G

geebeeaye

I read through all the pages I saw a post about arrows instead of bubbles. I believe that was for mobile only, I tried it on desktop and it didn't work.

How do I change these lines to arrows instead of bubbles? or even just B or S for Buy or Sell.

Code:
AddChartBubble(close crosses below ST, low[1], low[1], Color.DARK_GRAY);
AddChartBubble(close crosses above ST, high[1], high[1], Color.DARK_GRAY, no);

X

xad

VIP
Hi BenTen, noticed AtrMult = 1.0 in study and .70 in scan. Are you using .70 in scan to get alerts earlier than the study so you can watch the stock and other indicators before you get in?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@xad I'm no longer using this indicator to trade. The 1.0 and 0.7 are just the length for the AtrMult variable. You can try them both and see which one provides better signals.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@geebeeaye Look for this in the code:

Code:
AssignPriceColor(if PaintBars and close < ST

then Color.RED

else if PaintBars and close > ST

then Color.GREEN

else Color.CURRENT);

Uncomment or delete it from your indicator.

C

chIza=iChis1A?H

VIP
Thabks @BenTen for sharing this, I have added this to my window and watching it, so far looks very good.

C

chIza=iChis1A?H

VIP
I have one question on which type of moving average to choose for best performance 9 Ideally ) ?? since it shows us a choice in dropdown for simple, exponential, HULL...etc.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@chIza=iChis1A?H Regarding the moving average input, you would have to play around with the settings and see which one works best.