Supertrend Indicator by Mobius for ThinkorSwim

A

adii800

You can use ToS for 100% fully automated trading. Use advanced orders, e.g. 1st blasts all or OCO; define your buy signal in the conditional wizard, and do the same with the sell signal. You can combine it with the ToS native stopLoss/takeProfit orders too.
@lantenaccess can you explain a little bit on how to set up these orders. I have never seen fully automated trading possible, so do I not have to keep configuring the orders, trade by trade or no?

If possible also link a vid or some material on this. Thank You

MerryDay

MerryDay

VIP
But conditional orders don't like some code.
Conditional orders don't like some code is an understatement. Conditional orders don't like anything but the simplest conditions. Hence the statement TOS does not support auto trading.

While this is endlessly frustrating; my current workaround is to
  • maintain an "owned stocks" watchlist
  • create a scan of watchlist
  • when my exit strategy filters are met, play a custom alert

PS: a fun fact: you can load any length mp3 into custom sounds to play for a scan alert. I might not hear a single ding or bell alert especially if I am not in front of my computer but Alexa playing 3 minutes of "We're In the Money" throughout the house" garners my attention.

F

frick53

VIP
@lantenaccess can you explain a little bit on how to set up these orders. I have never seen fully automated trading possible, so do I not have to keep configuring the orders, trade by trade or no?

If possible also link a vid or some material on this. Thank You

This youtube video covers it pretty well.

Unfortunately it's impossible to be fully automated. You have to reenter the order each time. I like it because I can define a condition and when it's met my order opens. I don't have to watch the chart constantly and I don't enter too early.

Last edited by a moderator:
horserider

horserider

VIP
@aabbaabb111

def UP = HL2 + (atrMult * ATR);
def DN = HL2 + (-atrMult * ATR);

def ST = if close < ST[1] then UP else DN;
plot SuperTrend = ST;

So what is the value of ST when close < ST[1] ?
So what is the value of ST when close> ST[1] ?

V

vaucluse

Thanks for your sharing on TOS !

Is there a way that this code can also be on TradingView?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@vaucluse There are plenty of Supertrend indicators on TradingView.

P

parag10

How does the scanner script work? DO you create a new study? How do you guys decide the entry on the stock. It not feasible to always catch the entry shown in the bubble.

A

antogiamba

Hi all,
anybody had experinces configuring mobius supertrend? I'm using it with 3minutes timeframe and according to me, it provides to many signals if i compared it to tradingview version of the indicator (this last with 3 and 10 input).
I would appreciate if somebody would share his experience.
thansk

Antonio

A

AriD

@netarchitech I hope you dont mind me saying, but I have purchased an indicator from this company and it did not do well. It is a double bottom indicator and what sucks is that it is never consistent. Plus, he only gives the double bottom, but it will not work as a double top unless you pay him for another indicator. I think that is cheap.

A

ajai

VIP
hey @mobius ,your supertrend indicator is great.Does any body have script for trading view for this indicator?

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@ajai There are plenty of Supertrend versions for TradingView. Just go to their Scripts directory and you'll find it.

A

ajai

VIP
TY Ben,You are great. I was looking for one developed by Mobius.That seems to work really good.

P

pga0008

Can you give me an example of how you do this? So I pick a stock. Say today $MARA can I run a conditional order based on the super trend?

murkr

murkr

VIP
I would really like to try this script on TradingView. Is there anyway to convert this to a pine script?

Code:
# SuperTrend Yahoo Finance Replica - Modified from Modius SuperTrend
# Modified Modius ver. by RConner7

# Works similar to how Yahoo Finance Supertrend works and displays. Holds supertrend value until cross.

input AtrMult = 1.00;
input nATR = 6;
input AvgType = AverageType.HULL;
input PaintBars = yes;

def ATR = ATR("length" = nATR, "average type" = AvgType);
def UP_Band_Basic = HL2 + (AtrMult * ATR);

def LW_Band_Basic = HL2 + (-AtrMult * ATR);

def UP_Band = if ((UP_Band_Basic < UP_Band[1]) or (close[1] > UP_Band[1])) then UP_Band_Basic else UP_Band[1];

def LW_Band = if ((LW_Band_Basic > LW_Band[1]) or (close[1] < LW_Band[1])) then LW_Band_Basic else LW_Band[1];

def ST = if ((ST[1] == UP_Band[1]) and (close < UP_Band)) then UP_Band
else if ((ST[1] == UP_Band[1]) and (close > Up_Band)) then LW_Band
else if ((ST[1] == LW_Band[1]) and (close > LW_Band)) then LW_Band
else if ((ST[1] == LW_Band) and (close < LW_Band)) then UP_Band
else LW_Band;

plot SuperTrend = ST;
SuperTrend.AssignValueColor(if close < ST then Color.RED else Color.GREEN);
AssignPriceColor(if PaintBars and close < ST

then Color.RED

else if PaintBars and close > ST

then Color.GREEN

else Color.CURRENT);

plot ArrowDown = Supertrend crosses above close;
ArrowDown.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_DOWN);
ArrowDown.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);
ArrowDown.SetLineWeight(3);

plot ArrowUp = Supertrend crosses below close;
ArrowUp.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
ArrowUp.SetDefaultColor(Color.GREEN);
ArrowUp.SetLineWeight(3);

# End Code SuperTrend Yahoo Finance Replica

R

rj3137

Hi @BenTen you added bubbles for entry and exit but is there a way to accurately enter and exit at those prices? Maybe a way to put an order in advance for that particular entry and exit? Thanks for your help!

Last edited:
surferdude

surferdude

VIP
If anyone is trading with this indicator for the /ES let me know what values you're using for the ATR multiple and nATR. I haven't used this indicator for live trading yet but on the lookback for the 5min chart I seem to get some pretty good signals using atr mult=1.1 and 1.2, natr=8

StockT8er

StockT8er

VIP
I want to place this base label

AddLabel(Diff_Condition, if Diff_Condition == 2 or Diff_Condition == 3 then "* * S E L L _ A L E R T * * " else "* * * B U Y _ A L E R T * * *", if Diff_Condition == 4 then Color.GREEN else if Diff_Condition == 1 then Color.DARK_GREEN else if Diff_Condition == 2 then Color.RED else if Diff_Condition == 3 then Color.DARK_RED else Color.BLACK);

information below the current bar like this close is

found this code, not sure how to re-write to work