• Get $30 off VIP with code SUMMER30. Ends July 27. Happy trading!

SPX NDX Index Price Indicator for ThinkorSwim

jngy2k

VIP
Something that looks like this yellow line in Tradingview.

fudY3TP.png

There's RelativeStrength and Correlation indicators prebuilt into TOS that gives a comparison of what the stock is doing versus the index. However I want to simplify it to ONLY plot a simple line of the price action of the index. No comparison no correlation just a simple chart price of the index as a line and as a indicator. It will essentially be a line chart of the index on the bottom of the stock price chart. I know i can adjust the screen in Flexible Grid to have the index on the bottom and stock chart on the top but I want it as an indicator declare_lower so it doesn't take up as much screen space.

The purpose is to actually easily compare relative strength of the stock to the market instead of having a indicator calculate this stock is below or above the performance of the market on a zero scale. If the stock price is up but the market line is downwards as seen in the photo, then that is huge relative strength.

IS there such a tool? I believe the code GetSymbol() can be used to make the indicator.

Nevermind figured it out.

Code:
declare lower;

input price = FundamentalType.CLOSE;
input relationWithSecurity = "SPX";

def price2 = fundamental(price, relationWithSecurity);

plot Relation = price2;
Relation.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(1));

Last edited: