SimplerTrading Voodoo Lines for ThinkorSwim

Not familiar with this indicator or Elliot Wave but I remember this thread so thought I'd share: I was on a Simpler webinar recently and they hinted that the Voodoo "updates" are new hand drawn points by one of the guys. So seems the sub is for them to share their updated plots with you and the script may not be a fully automatic process...?

BenTen's Watchlist + Setup + Trade Recaps

Get access to Ben's watchlist, swing trading strategy, ThinkorSwim setup, and trade examples.

Learn more

It's unlikely that it will be scripted since the initial data points come from outside of the scripts. However, it's something that can easily be accomplished by a community effort here if everyone understands the underlying principles of script and the lines.

The voodoo lines are all generated from the bottom two firelines. These two lines come from Elliot Wave 1 (the bottom of wave 1 and the top of wave 2) on a long-term chart. Elliot Waves are pictured here:
7UOhiSQ.gif

For example let's look at TSLA. I opened up the 2Y1D chart and drew Elliot Wave 1 (and possibly 2) on it. The bottom fire lines ended up being 35.4 and 188.96, with 35.4 conveniently being the low of the chart. Here is the drawing of Elliot Wave 1:

uiIw7qG.png

I used the ThinkScript code posted by OP and just plugged in the numbers I measured for TSLA and the lines were drawn (I deleted Snowlines for clarity). Pretty simple once you understand the concept behind the Elliot Wave/Fibonacci tools used to create the lines. Maybe a group of people can start maintaining the start/end values for various tickers. Hope this helps!
@Kordon, you indicated that you used "ThinkScript code posted by OP". can you please share link to this. What would you use for TSLA values now? Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Most likely, the reason the QQQ's extend much further than the voodoo lines is that waves can extend. Are you guys trying to locate the part of the Elliot Wave code that identifies the end of each wave cycle so voodoo lines can automatically locate the next wave 1-2?
I have an elliot wave code for TOS and have adapted it to project the end of wave 3 and 5 with pretty good success.
I know very little about voodoo lines, but I know plenty on Elliot Wave. The real challenge comes with the corrective waves.
Good morning,

One of my FAVORITE waves to trade is wave “A” which comes right after wave 5 but I can’t seem to time the end of wave 5 properly Lol. Is there anyway you could share your indicator that helps identify the end of wave 3 and 5 . Please it would mean the world for me.

@Kordon, you indicated that you used "ThinkScript code posted by OP". can you please share link to this. What would you use for TSLA values now? Thank you in advance.
Did you know that clicking on a member's avatar will allow you to see when a member was last seen on the uTS forum? @Kordon has not been seen in a while. :(

The "ThinkScript code posted by OP" is the 2nd script found in the 1st post of this thread.

Good morning,

One of my FAVORITE waves to trade is wave “A” which comes right after wave 5 but I can’t seem to time the end of wave 5 properly Lol. Is there anyway you could share your indicator that helps identify the end of wave 3 and 5 . Please it would mean the world for me.
Did you know that clicking on a member's name will allow you to see when a member was last seen on the uTS forum? @FL_Mech_Engineer has not been seen in a while. :(

I believe that he was referring to a commercial study. Proprietary scripts are copyrighted and cannot be shared.

Thank you for the feedback, really appreciate it , I’m new here lol. If it is proprietary I would be interested in buying or paying for it but as you said he has not been active in a long time ,..it’s a shame ☹️…I could really use a good Elliot Wave predictor tool even if it cost

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator