Simple volume profile how?

jngy2k

jngy2k

VIP
Question: The AAPL chart is how I have my TOS volume profile setup.
I have 'price per height' as "Ticksize" + "time per profile" as "Day" + "on expansion" "no" + "show value area" "no".
This is as close as I can get it to the volume profile of a twitter post I saw on the bottum chart of GNPX.
And I am envious of how they did their volume profile!
Somehow, they are able to have expansion volume profile of the chart added to the "no" "on expansion" chart.
How in the heck did they do that??

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Click on the gear icon next to your indicator's name and adjust the settings of the Volume Profile indicator.

jngy2k

jngy2k

VIP
Click on the gear icon next to your indicator's name and adjust the settings of the Volume Profile indicator.
Yeah I tinkered with the settings.
It is how I know the volume profile they posted is a custom and not TOS default volume profile.
Somehow, they are able to have expansion volume profile of the chart added to the "no" "on expansion" chart.
Chnging the gear icon settings won't show the "cumulative" chart volume profile on the right axis and ALSO show each volume profile for each date.

jngy2k

jngy2k

VIP
Settings: Price per row: Ticksize, Time: Chart, On Expansion: Yes

This shows the cumulative for the chart but then the DAILY volume profile for each day disappears???

The question is how do I script to have both work on the same chart.

Day (no expansion) + Chart (yes) Expansion = same chart

Last edited:
P

Pensar

VIP
@jngy2k Have you tried placing two volume profile studies on the same chart? Just set the expansion to 'no' on one and to 'yes' on the other.

horserider

horserider

VIP
Add a second study and set it to "no" and "Day". See if that does it. @jngy2k

Edit: hahaha Pensar wins the race.

Last edited by a moderator:
jngy2k

jngy2k

VIP
@Pensar @horserider

you ever have that "I'm an idiot moment"

i just had it

horserider

horserider

VIP
Wait till you get old, you will have lots of them. In the meantime, keep on preventing those forest fires.