Script too complex for ThinkorSwim Marketwatch Alert?

W

WaveRiderJman

Hello, Mr. Robert.
I'm trying to set up a script so I can use it in the marketwatch tab for study alerts. It is too complex is says for 2 reasons that I know about so far.
Barnumber()
def bn = BarNumber();
and HighestAll
def lastbar = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close) then 0 else bn);
this is from a script you made so I was wondering if you know how to fix it so i can set it on study alerts?
Thanks

RobertPayne

RobertPayne

Hello, Mr. Robert.
I'm trying to set up a script so I can use it in the marketwatch tab for study alerts. It is too complex is says for 2 reasons that I know about so far.
Barnumber()
def bn = BarNumber();
and HighestAll
def lastbar = HighestAll(if IsNaN(close) then 0 else bn);
this is from a script you made so I was wondering if you know how to fix it so i can set it on study alerts?
Thanks

Just because it is complex doesn't, necessarily, mean that it won't work. The code you are showing works fine.

W

WaveRiderJman

Just because it is complex doesn't, necessarily, mean that it won't work. The code you are showing works fine.

I added a signal to This script and want to alert the study on a specific few ticker symbols. the first few lines contain the code I sent to you and those lines give ToS trouble when the marketwatch Study Alert is trying to be used and thats what im trying to use. I also have this problem with other scripts that i have developed with a buddy, the barnumber wont work in the marketwatch study alert funtion of ToS.

RobertPayne

RobertPayne

I added a signal to This script and want to alert the study on a specific few ticker symbols. the first few lines contain the code I sent to you and those lines give ToS trouble when the marketwatch Study Alert is trying to be used and thats what im trying to use. I also have this problem with other scripts that i have developed with a buddy, the barnumber wont work in the marketwatch study alert funtion of ToS.

I've never really messed with the "study alert" feature. If you say that the BarNumber() function isn't working with it, so be it. Perhaps there is another way to accomplish the goal.

We know that the BarNumber() function does work with the scanner (see above). So, you might try setting up a scan for your conditions. Then, set it to scan only on the watchlist containing the stocks you want to monitor. Finally, set up a "dynamic watchlist alert" following the linked directions.

Best of luck.

W

WaveRiderJman

I've never really messed with the "study alert" feature. If you say that the BarNumber() function isn't working with it, so be it. Perhaps there is another way to accomplish the goal.

We know that the BarNumber() function does work with the scanner (see above). So, you might try setting up a scan for your conditions. Then, set it to scan only on the watchlist containing the stocks you want to monitor. Finally, set up a "dynamic watchlist alert" following the linked directions.

Best of luck.
Thank you very much for a great idea and possible way to bypass the non-existent functions of the ToS platfrom. Thank you Mr. Robert Payne, you are very informative and helpful.