Script that draws line from previous closed 5-minute's high and low?

longbear

Hello everyone! I was hoping if someone could help me with this script. I am looking for a script that draws a horizontal line from the high and low point (one line for each) of the last closed 5-min candle. For context, I will be using this indicator on the 1-min chart.

Here is what I have so far. While it works, there are some some things about it I would like to change but dont know how.
-First thing if that this script also draws lines for the current working 5-minute candle's high and low and I would rather not have that on my chart. This results in diagonal lines that connect the previous candle's lines to the current candle's.
-Second thing I would like to change is this: each of the two lines should (if possible) originate from the candle where the high or low was formed.

Here is my current code:
Code:
input aggregationPeriod = AggregationPeriod.FIVE_MIN;
input howManyCandlesBack = 1;
input whichCandle = 1;
input showOnlyLastPeriod = yes;
plot PrevDayHigh;
plot PrevDayLow;

if showOnlyLastPeriod and !IsNaN(high(period = aggregationPeriod)[-1]) and !IsNaN(low(period = aggregationPeriod)[-1])
{
    PrevDayHigh = Double.NaN;
    PrevDayLow = Double.NaN;
}
else
{
    PrevDayHigh = Highest(high(period = aggregationPeriod)[whichCandle], howManyCandlesBack);
    PrevDayLow = Highest(low(period = aggregationPeriod)[whichCandle], howManyCandlesBack);
}

PrevDayHigh.SetDefaultColor( Color.LIGHT_GREEN);
PrevDayHigh.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);
PrevDayLow.SetDefaultColor(Color.LIGHT_RED);
PrevDayLow.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);

And here is the current output: https://postimg.cc/jDDHHHyr

Thank you for any advice!!

Solution
Hello everyone! I was hoping if someone could help me with this script. I am looking for a script that draws a horizontal line from the high and low point (one line for each) of the last closed 5-min candle. For context, I will be using this indicator on the 1-min chart.

Here is what I have so far. While it works, there are some some things about it I would like to change but dont know how.
-First thing if that this script also draws lines for the current working 5-minute candle's high and low and I would rather not have that on my chart. This results in diagonal lines that connect the previous candle's lines to the current candle's.
-Second thing I would like to change is this: each of the two lines should (if possible) originate...

-Second thing I would like to change is this: each of the two lines should (if possible) originate from the candle where the high or low was formed.

Here is my current code:
Code:
input aggregationPeriod = AggregationPeriod.FIVE_MIN;
input howManyCandlesBack = 1;
input whichCandle = 1;
input showOnlyLastPeriod = yes;
plot PrevDayHigh;
plot PrevDayLow;

if showOnlyLastPeriod and !IsNaN(high(period = aggregationPeriod)[-1]) and !IsNaN(low(period = aggregationPeriod)[-1])
{
    PrevDayHigh = Double.NaN;
    PrevDayLow = Double.NaN;
}
else
{
    PrevDayHigh = Highest(high(period = aggregationPeriod)[whichCandle], howManyCandlesBack);
    PrevDayLow = Highest(low(period = aggregationPeriod)[whichCandle], howManyCandlesBack);
}

PrevDayHigh.SetDefaultColor( Color.LIGHT_GREEN);
PrevDayHigh.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);
PrevDayLow.SetDefaultColor(Color.LIGHT_RED);
PrevDayLow.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);

And here is the current output: https://postimg.cc/jDDHHHyr

Thank you for any advice!!

This is set at input back =1 to project on a 1min chart using the 5min agg candle to project the prior candle's high/low onto the developing current 5min candle. Vertical lines are used to show the candle breaks.

Screenshot-2022-11-10-070629.png
Ruby:
#Example_xbars_HL_PriorCandle_Projected_on_CurrentCandle

input back   = 1;
input extend = no;
def range    = if close(period=aggregationPeriod.FIVE_MIN) then range[1] + 1 else range[1];

def bn  = BarNumber();
def ymd = range;
def ok  = !IsNaN(close);
def capture  = ok and ymd != ymd[1];
def dayCount = CompoundValue(1, if capture then dayCount[1] + 1 else dayCount[1], 0);
def thisDay  = (HighestAll(dayCount) - dayCount) ;

def hh      = CompoundValue(1,
              if thisDay[1] == back + 1 and thisDay == back
              then high
              else if  high > hh[1]
              then high
              else hh[1] , high);
def hhigh   = if thisDay == back and high == hh
              then bn
              else Double.NaN;
def hhnan   = if IsNaN(close)
              then hhnan[1]
              else if thisday==back
              then hh
              else hhnan[1];
plot hhplot = if bn<=highestall(hhigh) then double.nan else hhnan[1];
hhplot.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);

def ll      = CompoundValue(1,
              if thisDay[1] == back + 1 and thisDay == back
              then low
              else if low < ll[1]
              then low
              else ll[1] , low);
def llow    = if thisDay == back and low == ll
              then bn
              else Double.NaN;
def llnan   = if IsNaN(close)
              then llnan[1]
              else if thisday == back
              then ll
              else llnan[1];
plot llplot = if bn<=highestall(llow) then double.nan else llnan[1];
llplot.setpaintingStrategy(paintingStrategy.HORIZONTAL);

##############

# Vertical Lines @Start Time and then Interval of Minutes
input begin   = 0930;
input minutes = 5;
def chartAgg  = GetAggregationPeriod();
def barSeq    = if SecondsTillTime(begin) == 0 and
                   SecondsFromTime(begin) == 0
                then 0
                else barSeq[1] + 1;
def BarsPerHour = 60 / (chartAgg / 1000 / 60);
def bar         = barSeq;
def barCount    = CompoundValue(1, if bar % BarsPerHour == 0
                                    then (bar / BarsPerHour) - 1
                                    else Double.NaN, 1);
input vertical_plot_limiter = 2;
def lastbar = if !isnan(close) and isnan(close[-1]) then barnumber() else double.nan;
AddVerticalLine(thisday<=back and (bar) % (minutes / (GetAggregationPeriod() / 60000)) == 0, color = Color.BLUE, stroke = Curve.FIRM);
#

Solution

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.