RSI true swings For ThinkOrSwim

tinfox

This works quite well on the 5min /m2k and whatnot. Its pine scirpt

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

https://www.tradingview.com/script/K6YXCogW-RSI-true-swings/

// This source code is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public License 2.0 at https://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/
// © tradeswithashish
//@version=5
indicator(title="RSI true swings indicator", shorttitle="RSI True swings", overlay=true)
upthresh=input.int(title="RSI Upper threshhold", defval=60, minval=50, step=5, maxval=90)
lwthresh=input.int(title="RSI Lower threshhold", defval=40, minval=10, step=5, maxval=50)
//volume criteria checkup
volcheck=volume>ta.sma(volume, 20)
my_rsi=ta.rsi(close, 14)
//Candle size must be above average
bullbar_check= close>high[1] and (high-low)>ta.sma(high-low, 20) and (close-low)>(high-close) and low<=high[1]
bearbar_check= close<low[1] and (high-low)>ta.sma(high-low, 20) and (high-close)>(close-low) and high>=low[1]
//RSI crossover/crossunder must fulfilling following criteria
rsicrossover=ta.crossover(my_rsi, lwthresh) and volcheck and bullbar_check and volume>volume[1] and close>high[1] and open<close and close>high[2] and my_rsi[1]>lwthresh-10
rsicrossunder=ta.crossunder(my_rsi, upthresh) and volcheck and close<low[1] and bearbar_check and volume>volume[1] and open>close and close<low[2] and my_rsi[1]<upthresh+10

//Plotting the signal confirming
plotshape(rsicrossover, title="Short exit or Buy Entry", style= shape.labelup, location=location.belowbar, color=color.green, size=size.tiny, text="BUY", textcolor=color.white)
plotshape(rsicrossunder, title="Bull exit or Short entry", style= shape.labeldown, location=location.abovebar, color=color.red, size=size.tiny, text="SELL", textcolor=color.white)
rec_high=ta.highest(high,5)
rec_low=ta.lowest(low, 5)
if rsicrossover
alert(str.tostring(syminfo.ticker)+": Exit SELL or BUY now"+"\n Stoploss below " + str.tostring(rec_low) + "\n CMP "+ str.tostring(close), alert.freq_once_per_bar_close)
if rsicrossunder
alert(str.tostring(syminfo.ticker)+": Exit BUY or SELL now \n Stoploss above"+ str.tostring(rec_high) + "\n CMP "+ str.tostring(close), alert.freq_once_per_bar_close)

Using chatgpt got this failed attempt:
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/chatgpt.13822/page-2#post-120479

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

convert a tradingview code
includes check for min and max values

Code:
#RSI_true_swings_00

#https://usethinkscript.com/threads/convert-tradingview-rsi-true-swings-indicator.14590/
#Convert Tradingview RSI true swings indicator

#This works quite well on the 5min /m2k and whatnot. Its pine scirpt
#https://www.tradingview.com/script/K6YXCogW-RSI-true-swings/
#// This source code is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public License 2.0 at https://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/
#// © tradeswithashish
#indicator(title="RSI true swings indicator", shorttitle="RSI True swings", overlay=true)

def step = 5;

input RSI_Upper_threshhold = 60;
#hint RSI_Upper3:  default = 60 \n minimum = 50 \n maximum = 90
def rsi_upper2 =  floor(RSI_Upper_threshhold/step)*step;
def upthresh = if RSI_Upper2 < 50 then 50 else if RSI_Upper2 > 90 then 90 else RSI_Upper2;
#  defval=60, minval=50, step=5, maxval=90)

input RSI_Lower_threshhold = 40;
def rsi_lower2 =  floor(RSI_lower_threshhold/step)*step;
def lwthresh = if RSI_lower2 < 10 then 10 else if RSI_lower2 > 50 then 50 else RSI_lower2;
#  defval=40, minval=10, step=5, maxval=50)

#//volume criteria checkup
input vol_avg_len = 20;
input vol_avg_type =  AverageType.simple;
def vol_avg = MovingAverage(vol_avg_type, volume, vol_avg_len);
def volcheck = (volume > vol_avg);
def my_rsi = rsi(14).rsi;

input ma1_len = 20;
input ma1_type =  AverageType.simple;
def ma1 = MovingAverage(ma1_type, (high-low), ma1_len);
def bullbar_check = close > high[1] and (high-low) > ma1 and (close-low) > (high-close) and low <= high[1];
def bearbar_check = close < low[1] and (high-low) > ma1 and (high-close) > (close-low) and high >= low[1];

#//RSI crossover/crossunder must fulfilling following criteria
def rsicrossover = (my_rsi crosses above lwthresh) and volcheck and bullbar_check and volume>volume[1] and close>high[1] and open < close and close > high[2] and my_rsi[1] > (lwthresh-10);
def rsicrossunder = (my_rsi crosses below upthresh) and volcheck and close<low[1] and bearbar_check and volume>volume[1] and open > close and close < low[2] and my_rsi[1] < (upthresh+10);

#//Plotting the signal confirming
addchartbubble(rsicrossover, low, "BUY", color.green, no);
addchartbubble(rsicrossunder, high, "SELL", color.red, yes);

def rec_high = highest(high,5);
def rec_low = lowest(low, 5);

# =====================================
# alerts , sounds
# alert(condition, text, alert type, sound);
# Sound.Ding,  higher , up sound
# Sound.Bell,  lower , down sound
alert(rsicrossover, (GetSymbol() + ": Exit SELL or BUY now. Stoploss below " + rec_low + " CMP " + close), alert.BAR, sound.DING);
alert(rsicrossunder, (GetSymbol() + ": Exit BUY or SELL now. Stoploss above " + rec_high + " CMP " + close), alert.BAR, sound.bell);
# =====================================

input test1_buy_sell_labels = no;
addlabel(test1_buy_sell_labels, 
(GetSymbol() + ": Exit SELL or BUY now. Stoploss below " + rec_low + " CMP " + close)
, color.cyan);

addlabel(test1_buy_sell_labels, 
(GetSymbol() + ": Exit BUY or SELL now. Stoploss above " + rec_high + " CMP " + close)
, color.magenta);

#--------------------
#

https://www.tradingview.com/script/K6YXCogW-RSI-true-swings/

// This source code is subject to the terms of the Mozilla Public License 2.0 at https://mozilla.org/MPL/2.0/
// © tradeswithashish
//@version=5
indicator(title="RSI true swings indicator", shorttitle="RSI True swings", overlay=true)
upthresh=input.int(title="RSI Upper threshhold", defval=60, minval=50, step=5, maxval=90)
lwthresh=input.int(title="RSI Lower threshhold", defval=40, minval=10, step=5, maxval=50)
//volume criteria checkup
volcheck=volume>ta.sma(volume, 20)
my_rsi=ta.rsi(close, 14)
//Candle size must be above average
bullbar_check= close>high[1] and (high-low)>ta.sma(high-low, 20) and (close-low)>(high-close) and low<=high[1]
bearbar_check= close<low[1] and (high-low)>ta.sma(high-low, 20) and (high-close)>(close-low) and high>=low[1]
//RSI crossover/crossunder must fulfilling following criteria
rsicrossover=ta.crossover(my_rsi, lwthresh) and volcheck and bullbar_check and volume>volume[1] and close>high[1] and open<close and close>high[2] and my_rsi[1]>lwthresh-10
rsicrossunder=ta.crossunder(my_rsi, upthresh) and volcheck and close<low[1] and bearbar_check and volume>volume[1] and open>close and close<low[2] and my_rsi[1]<upthresh+10

//Plotting the signal confirming
plotshape(rsicrossover, title="Short exit or Buy Entry", style= shape.labelup, location=location.belowbar, color=color.green, size=size.tiny, text="BUY", textcolor=color.white)
plotshape(rsicrossunder, title="Bull exit or Short entry", style= shape.labeldown, location=location.abovebar, color=color.red, size=size.tiny, text="SELL", textcolor=color.white)
rec_high=ta.highest(high,5)
rec_low=ta.lowest(low, 5)
if rsicrossover
alert(str.tostring(syminfo.ticker)+": Exit SELL or BUY now"+"\n Stoploss below " + str.tostring(rec_low) + "\n CMP "+ str.tostring(close), alert.freq_once_per_bar_close)
if rsicrossunder
alert(str.tostring(syminfo.ticker)+": Exit BUY or SELL now \n Stoploss above"+ str.tostring(rec_high) + "\n CMP "+ str.tostring(close), alert.freq_once_per_bar_close)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Using chatgpt got this:

#RSI true swings indicator declare lower; input upthresh = 60; input lwthresh = 40; #volume criteria checkup def volcheck = volume > SimpleMovingAvg(volume, 20); def my_rsi = RSI(close, 14); #Candle size must be above average def bullbar_check = close > high[1] and (high - low) > SimpleMovingAvg(high - low, 20) and (close - low) > (high - close) and low <= high[1]; def bearbar_check = close < low[1] and (high - low) > SimpleMovingAvg(high - low, 20) and (high - close) > (close - low) and high >= low[1]; #RSI crossover/crossunder must fulfilling following criteria def rsicrossover = Crosses(my_rsi, lwthresh) > 0 and volcheck and bullbar_check and volume > volume[1] and close > high[1] and open < close and close > high[2] and my_rsi[1] > lwthresh - 10; def rsicrossunder = Crosses(my_rsi, upthresh) < 0 and volcheck and close < low[1] and bearbar_check and volume > volume[1] and open > close and close < low[2] and my_rsi[1] < upthresh + 10; #Plotting the signal confirming plotshape(rsicrossover, title="Short exit or Buy Entry", style=shape.labelup, location=LabelLocation.BELOW_BAR, color=color.green, size=size.tiny, text="BUY", textcolor=color.white); plotshape(rsicrossunder, title="Bull exit or Short entry", style=shape.labeldown, location=LabelLocation.ABOVE_BAR, color=color.red, size=size.tiny, text="SELL", textcolor=color.white); def rec_high = Highest(high, 5); def rec_low = Lowest(low, 5); if rsicrossover { Alert(str.format("{0}: Exit SELL or BUY now\n Stoploss below {1}\n CMP {2}", GetSymbolName(), rec_low, close), Alert.freq_once_per_bar_close); } if rsicrossunder { Alert(str.format("{0}: Exit BUY or SELL now\n Stoploss above {1}\n CMP {2}", GetSymbolName(), rec_high, close), Alert.freq_once_per_bar_close); }
look pretty nice, i hope samer800 can help us here!