• LIMITED TIME ONLY: Take $40 off VIP with code: BTD40.

Rob Smith's The STRAT Indicator for ThinkorSwim

greco26

Oh wow...I absolutely LOVE this. I'm going to play with this a bunch. I might add some Strat candle combos to the bubble if thats ok. cool stuff!

airgb

i didn't look through all the pages, so not sure if this exists.

i made a study to display arrows after the last bar , to represent higher time frames.
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/mtf-arrows-choose-1-of-3-sets-of-5-periods.8959/
Tutorials
MTF Arrows: choose 1 of 3 sets, of 5 periods
Good job, works great. However any chance of cutting it down to just the arrows and the time label/box only? Would like it without the two yellow "current_bar and Agg set bar." I cut out the yellow bubble code but the label code I am not to sure about.

Goingdark365

Is this right?

im trying to make a scan for

1) 2down-green that the high is equal to 50% previous bar (3 green)
2) and low is 2% below previous bar (3 green)

#
Three_Bar_green (1)
Two_down_Green[0]
and
High [0]= hl/2 [1]
and
low [0] >= * .02 [1]
#

airgb

Another request, I am trying to make an alert with the Strat study that will message and Bell alert me when the last candle closes as a number one (inside) candle. Here is the code I am messing with with and having no luck:
# Alert
Plot Priorinsidebar = (H < H[1] and L > L[1]) or (H == H[1] and L > L[1]) or (H < H[1] and L == L[1]) or (H == H[1] and L == L[1]);

Alert = (H < H[1] and L > L[1]) or (H == H[1] and L > L[1]) or (H < H[1] and L == L[1]) or (H == H[1] and L == L[1]);

When I add the Bell and AlertBar function at the end of the Alert line it flags the whole line red and with just the above text it only flags the "Alert" red?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Goingdark365

Another request, I am trying to make an alert with the Strat study that will message and Bell alert me when the last candle closes as a number one (inside) candle. Here is the code I am messing with with and having no luck:
# Alert
Plot Priorinsidebar = (H < H[1] and L > L[1]) or (H == H[1] and L > L[1]) or (H < H[1] and L == L[1]) or (H == H[1] and L == L[1]);

Alert = (H < H[1] and L > L[1]) or (H == H[1] and L > L[1]) or (H < H[1] and L == L[1]) or (H == H[1] and L == L[1]);

When I add the Bell and AlertBar function at the end of the Alert line it flags the whole line red and with just the above text it only flags the "Alert" red?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
A noob question what dos the == do?

Layla1364

This is rather simple to accomplish in the ToS candlestick pattern editor. You can use the graphical interface and don't even need to know how to script. This is a basic inside bar search. you can also create 3-1 or 2-1 patterns. You then use the scanner and add the pattern as a search criteria.
Screen-Shot-2021-12-08-at-6-54-31-PM.png
I was able to set it up, but it wasn't one of more choices for personal scans from the stock hacker scan. How do I get it to my scanner? Again I am looking for inside bar days on a daily

halcyonguy

VIP
Lifetime
Good job, works great. However any chance of cutting it down to just the arrows and the time label/box only? Would like it without the two yellow "current_bar and Agg set bar." I cut out the yellow bubble code but the label code I am not to sure about.
yes, that is possible, to not show some labels.
i have updated the study, to allow choosing stats and/or time labels.
https://usethinkscript.com/threads/mtf-arrows-choose-1-of-3-sets-of-5-periods.8959/

if you downloaded the updated study and dont want to experiment with the code, then stop reading.

----------------------------------------
if you want to experiment with some label code, read this

to keep some label code from showing a label,
. add a # in front of the code line, to disable it forever.
. change the 1st parameter in an addlabel( ), so it is a 0 or false value.
. add/change an input variable to the study and add/change it in the addlabel(). (what i did)

to disable the stats labels, find these code lines and add a # . code line numbers in () for ref, to make it easier to find them.
# AddLabel(show_labels, "-", Color.BLACK); (167)
# addlabel(show_labels, arrow_data, color.yellow); (168)
# addlabel(show_labels , " [" + off2 + "] ", color.yellow); (169)

# AddLabel(show_labels, "-", Color.BLACK); (201)
# AddLabel(show_labels, "Agg set: " + mtf_time_group, Color.YELLOW ); (202)

or change the addlabel() 1st parameter variable, to control them separately from other labels,
input show_stats = no;
AddLabel(show_stats, "-", Color.BLACK); (167)
addlabel(show_stats, arrow_data, color.yellow); (168)
addlabel(show_stats , " [" + off2 + "] ", color.yellow); (169)

AddLabel(show_stats, "-", Color.BLACK); (201)
AddLabel(show_stats, "Agg set: " + mtf_time_group, Color.YELLOW ); (202)

tommylala

VIP
Is this right?

im trying to make a scan for

1) 2down-green that the high is equal to 50% previous bar (3 green)
2) and low is 2% below previous bar (3 green)

#
Three_Bar_green (1)
Two_down_Green[0]
and
High [0]= hl/2 [1]
and
low [0] >= * .02 [1]
#

Did ypu have any luck creating the scan? This idea is great.

airgb

yes, that is possible, to not show some labels.
i have updated the study, to allow choosing stats and/or time labels.

if you downloaded the updated study and dont want to experiment with the code, then stop reading.

----------------------------------------
if you want to experiment with some label code, read this

to keep some label code from showing a label,
. add a # in front of the code line, to disable it forever.
. change the 1st parameter in an addlabel( ), so it is a 0 or false value.
. add/change an input variable to the study and add/change it in the addlabel(). (what i did)

to disable the stats labels, find these code lines and add a # . code line numbers in () for ref, to make it easier to find them.
# AddLabel(show_labels, "-", Color.BLACK); (167)
# addlabel(show_labels, arrow_data, color.yellow); (168)
# addlabel(show_labels , " [" + off2 + "] ", color.yellow); (169)

# AddLabel(show_labels, "-", Color.BLACK); (201)
# AddLabel(show_labels, "Agg set: " + mtf_time_group, Color.YELLOW ); (202)

or change the addlabel() 1st parameter variable, to control them separately from other labels,
input show_stats = no;
AddLabel(show_stats, "-", Color.BLACK); (167)
addlabel(show_stats, arrow_data, color.yellow); (168)
addlabel(show_stats , " [" + off2 + "] ", color.yellow); (169)

AddLabel(show_stats, "-", Color.BLACK); (201)
AddLabel(show_stats, "Agg set: " + mtf_time_group, Color.YELLOW ); (202)
Thanks a bunch halcyonguy, numbering them really helped also!

Goingdark365

Did ypu have any luck creating the scan? This idea is great.
somewhat i cant figure out the % part. if you run the first part and just look at the chart you can get nice potential

high[0] < hl2 [1]
and
low [0]* 1.02 < low [1]
and
green_candle ()[0]
and
three_OutsideBar () [1]

Last edited:

JoeSD

VIP
The Pre-Loaded chart set-up - Pre-Loaded intraday chart: https://tos.mx/q7Bfm3J (Now complete with TFC study!) - won't load the candles??? The volume bars show but nothing shows on the price chart??? Any ideas?

Thanks. Joe