Request: Standard deviation channel for OB and OS

• Thread starter Astro X Æ A-12
  • Start date
A

Astro X Æ A-12

Hi, could someone help me to get something like this? it's so clear to see where we are in a trend (OB/OS)
This guy mentioned that there were some Standard deviation channels there, but didn't tell us how he made this, any thoughts?

Thanks in advanced

T

TradeUp

2019 Donor
It's a TOS study, just search for StandardDevChannel.

M

mjamesb80

@Astro X Æ A-12
Here's one I use occasionally that combines the TOS Standard Deviation Channels 1 and 2 into a single script.
The "2" standard deviations will change color when in an uptrend or downtrend.
Note: these settings won't be the exact settings as Connor's (Boiler Room Trading)

Code:
input price = close;
input deviations1 = 1.0;
input deviations2 = 2.0;
input fullRange = Yes;
input length = 21;

def regression;
def stdDeviation;
if (fullRange) {
    regression = InertiaAll(price);
    stdDeviation = stdevAll(price);
} else {
    regression = InertiaAll(price, length);
    stdDeviation = stdevAll(price, length);
}

plot UpperLine = regression + deviations1 * stdDeviation;
plot MiddleLine = regression;
plot LowerLine = regression - deviations1 * stdDeviation;
plot UpperLine2 = regression + deviations2 * stdDeviation;
plot LowerLine2 = regression - deviations2 * stdDeviation;

UpperLine.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(8));
MiddleLine.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(8));
LowerLine.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(8));
#UpperLine2.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(8));
#LowerLine2.SetDefaultColor(GetColor(8));

UpperLine2.DefineColor("Up", GetColor(1));
UpperLine2.DefineColor("Down", GetColor(0));
UpperLine2.AssignValueColor(if UpperLine2 > UpperLine2[1] then UpperLine2.color("Up") else UpperLine2.color("Down"));

LowerLine2.DefineColor("Up", GetColor(1));
LowerLine2.DefineColor("Down", GetColor(0));
LowerLine2.AssignValueColor(if LowerLine2 > LowerLine2[1] then LowerLine2.color("Up") else LowerLine2.color("Down"));

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Astro X Æ A-12

@mjamesb80 OMG thank u so much! Thats really all i need!!! U are the genius

R

risentrade

here in this video Connor does explain's if you need more in detail. @Astro X Æ A-12

Joseph Patrick 18

Joseph Patrick 18

@mjamesb80 OMG thank u so much! Thats really all i need!!! U are the genius
Hey Astro I think I cracked exactly what you were looking for because I was also looking for same thing...I've included a pic below with what you were looking for to exactly the specs of Connors video...I am also attaching a link for my WORKSPACE to give back to the community because I am not that technically advanced (newbie) ...so good luck and I hope I helped you out the same way everyone here as helped me..Please read what I wrote in pic to understand layout..any questions let me know.

Here is the pic of one of the two flex grids (lmao I couldn't figure out how to put pic in from Imgur). READ WHAT I WROTE IN PICTURE..

Here is a photo of my WORKSPACE...2 SCREENS 2 MONITORS

And here is my THINKORSWIM "FINAL WORKSPACE" LINK...

http://tos.mx/zLjmW7R

GOOD LUCK

Joe

Just click on my WORKSPACE and then in THINKORSWIM save it with a name that you want then got to top right corner of TOS and click on SETUP (with little gear icon) then scroll down to the name that you just saved and then my setup will come up...if any of the charts are black just scroll to the left I have like 300 to the right in settings...hope it helps

Also I just put detailed instructions so that if there are people who are newbies like me it will help them out a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JoeSD

VIP
@Joseph Patrick 18 I saw your June 2020 post re. Boiler Room and the TOS chart set-up you put together. I would love to try and mimic that if possible. I tried to use the workspace link you provided but it was nothing like the one in the top photo you provided. I particularly like the Squeeze colored candles and your initial 7/7. Could you send me a link to your grid with studies in the TOP photo from your post ( the one with the light blue writing)? Thanks. Joe

Joseph Patrick 18

Joseph Patrick 18

@Joseph Patrick 18 I saw your June 2020 post re. Boiler Room and the TOS chart set-up you put together. I would love to try and mimic that if possible. I tried to use the workspace link you provided but it was nothing like the one in the top photo you provided. I particularly like the Squeeze colored candles and your initial 7/7. Could you send me a link to your grid with studies in the TOP photo from your post ( the one with the light blue writing)? Thanks. Joe
Hey Joe...I think I did this right...sorry about that...just let me know...this is the flex grid with Standard deviation channel..Read the Blue writing up above it explains it. Top and bottom chart are set to 1 day you can change to 5 or whatever you want. Top chart leave extended hours checked bottom unchecked and hence the diff deviations.

The one with blue writing is actually the bottom (last pic) right side of chart one on top of each other.

http://tos.mx/vPiMnXd
---------------------------------------------------------------------

this is the last pic also but the chart on the left side of chart

http://tos.mx/0xW4bGs
---------------------------------------------------------------------

this is the second pic down

http://tos.mx/TBJvTHZ
----------------------------------------------------------------------

I also added a tick chart...just start studying them...instead of say on a minute chart it draws a candle every minute...the tick chart will show a candle every time (I set it to 333 but you could put say 2000) 333 trades are executed...

I put a 21 day moving average exponential in blue...when the candles break above and pretty much stay above that is a buy signal and sometimes a huge upswing...on the flip side if it goes below blue its a sell or short signal and again depending on market and stock it could be a long short just put the gear icon on say 5 days (highest you can go on tick) scroll back and look at past days...also time on bottom of chart is different than say a 5 min chart where it will show 9:45 9:50 9:55...tick chart say it does 333 ticks (executed trades)fast as market opens you might see time on bottom 9:30 9:32 9:33 but when it slows down say lunch time the time on bottom might be 1:05 1:09 1:13 1:14 so at 1:05 333 trades happened then a candlestick appeared...the next candlestick didn't appear till 1:09 because the trades on that stock slowed down and it took 4 minutes to execute 333 trades...different animal compared to time but you get a more in depth look at volume and volatility.

and a Hull Moving Avg I adjusted to 9 and it lines up with the candles. (so for example (you can change colors) when candle is going up green you will see the hull line cyan blue color and when the candle is red going down the Hull color is magenta..

and on the bottom is a volume zone oscillator (its A TOS study) if you click on study and open it up it explains the buy and sell signals for the wave, zero lines +60 +40 etc

Here it is:
http://tos.mx/bYaY4BM

Let me know if you got everything okay..hope I could help...if you have anything interesting you want to share feel free...I am always open to learning new things..

Thanks good luck

Joe

I checked all of them they worked for me...

J

JoeSD

VIP
Joe, just saw your reply and thanks. :). I will take a look and try and implement.

Stay well.

Joe