Range % change by daily bars

Mike12

Hey guys could someone help me to code this:

price simple moving avarange in is for intraday . I would like to add to the option for daily
BARS.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Solution
Try this maybe

Code:
Input Days = 30;
Input Min = -8;
Input Max = 18;
def PC = ((Close - Close[Days]) / Close[Days]) * 100;
plot Scan = Between(PC, Min, Max);
LGUjCrm.png
I don't quite understand the question. What do you mean by daily % range - my guess would be the range between the high and low, is this correct? If so, as a percentage of what exactly? It needs to be "anchored" to some value for comparison, for lack of a better word. The prior day's close might be a good candidate as its static throughout the day, but you may need to be more specific.

Either way, its not going to look like the picture. Custom script filters can not generate those types of +/- interface elements or the blue graph thing, but you can bring up a separate edit window that's more similar to editing the inputs/settings of a chart indicator.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

I still can't quite understand what you've written, but try this as a lower study, and see if it fits what you're after.
Try it on a daily chart of SPY, that's what I used to write it, the values in the graph should be easily visible there.

Code:
declare lower;
Input Days = 30;
Input Min = 5;
Input Max = 10;
plot PC1 = ((Close - Close[Days]) / Close[Days]) * 100;
plot Scan = Between(PC1, Min, Max);

Hi joshua, Thank you for replay.

I'm not looking for a Chart Study.
I'm looking for a script to scan.
this script not work when i insert it on (study edit).

I understand, but first, I want you to look at this code as a chart study, so that you can see what is happening. Then, you can tell me if its right or wrong, or what needs to be changed. This code is only a guess, because I do not understand your original question.

Yes. i run it's as a chart study.
it's showing under the volume as a "zigzag" line.
it's not what i searh for. i also tray to run it as a scanner - not work.

I understand, but first, I want you to look at this code as a chart study, so that you can see what is happening. Then, you can tell me if its right or wrong, or what needs to be changed. This code is only a guess, because I do not understand your original question.
What you meaning "do not understand your original question" - I try to put it another way:

i just want to translate e - to script - for scanner - not for chart as a stusy.

Last edited:
Try this maybe

Code:
Input Days = 30;
Input Min = -8;
Input Max = 18;
LGUjCrm.png

Solution
Cool... THX! checking....seam it's not work...
this script return the symbole "EFC" and many more..... - that decline over 20% in last 30 days.

Last edited:
Assuming this is in fact what you're trying to do, check your settings; min, max, aggregation, etc.

6AlVf1x.png

Code:
declare upper;
Input Days = 30;
Input Min = -8;
Input Max = 18;

AddLabel(Yes,
   "Percent change over " + days + " days: " + PC
,color.blue);

AddLabel(Yes,
    "Min: " + Min
,color.blue);

AddLabel(Yes,
    "Max: " + Max
,color.blue);

AddLabel(Yes,
    "Shows up in scan: " + (if Scan then "Yes" else "No")
,color.blue);

plot start =
    if !isNaN(Close[-(Days - 1)]) and isNaN(close[-Days]) then close
    else if !isNaN(close) and isNaN(close[-1]) then close
    else double.nan
;
start.enableApproximation();
start.setdefaultColor(color.blue);

Is it possible to cancel the digits after the dot? so the number appears round?
Which lines in the code should be removing for removing the blue line under the chart? (except for set it not displayed in the settings)?
OACESeY.png

Change "plot scan" to "def scan"

Change this:
"Percent change over " + days + " days: " + PC
to:
"Percent change over " + days + " days: " + Round(PC,0)