Question on alerts

hrd

I have seen an alert like this work successfully:

Alert(RSI > 70, + RSI, Alert.BAR,Sound.Bell);

And I have used this alert successfully:

Alert(Trend_bull_value > 0 and RSI < 30,"Buy AAPL",Alert.BAR,Sound.Ding);

But when I try adding in the "+ RSI," like this: Alert(Trend_bull_value > 0 and RSI < 30, + RSI, "Buy AAPL",Alert.BAR,Sound.Ding);

I get the error message that four parameters are the limit and I have put in five.

I'd like to get the value of RSI displayed and also be able to get a message like "Buy AAPL" because I am following more than one stock and it is easier to tell which stock the signal is referring to if I can put in my own message.

Is there a correct way to add in the RSI value I get in "Alert(RSI > 70, + RSI, Alert.BAR,Sound.Bell);" to my second alert?

Code:
#@hrd please match the alert call params as follows
# Alert(condition                         ,text             ,alert type ,sound ) ;
Alert(Trend_bull_value > 0 and RSI < 30  ,RSI + "Buy AAPL" ,Alert.BAR   ,Sound.Ding);

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Hi, @Florida,

Could you help me create an alert for the RSI Crossover? This is what I have so far but I have not been able to get it to work.

Code:
input length = 14;
input crossingType = {default above, below};
input threshold = 30;
input averageType = AverageType.WILDERS;

plot signal = crosses(RSI(length=length, averageType=averageType).RSI, threshold, crossingType == CrossingType.above);

signal.DefineColor("Above", GetColor(7));
signal.DefineColor("Below", GetColor(8));
signal.AssignValueColor(if crossingType == CrossingType.above then signal.color("Above") else signal.color("Below"));

signal.SetPaintingStrategy(if crossingType == CrossingType.above
    then PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP
    else PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_DOWN);

Alert(crossingtype.above, "", Alert.BAR, Sound.Bell);

I've tried: "Alert(threshold crosses above .70, "", Alert.BAR, Sound.Bell);" but so far I have been unsuccessful.

Thank you for your help.

Code:
@trashcompactor please see the following

#Alert(crossingtype.above, "", Alert.BAR, Sound.Bell);

# you have defined the condition above. just employ that
Alert (signal, "Got signal "+round(close,2), alert.Bar, sound.Ding)  ;

Last edited:
@Florida

Thank you for the help. Adding your code right now. What does "+round(close,2)" mean?
Just so I am learning. I did not understanding that portion of the code.

Thank you very much, Florida.
It rounds the close to two decimals. I wasn't even using it before, but after you asked Florida what it did, and my many decades in Information Technology let me know exactly what it was, I put it into my code and now have RSI showing up as 29.62 instead of as RSI 29.6284 in my alert.

Here's my alert:

Alert(Trend_bull_value > 0 and RSI < 30,
Round(RSI,2) + " Buy ESH23 Buy ESH23",
Alert.BAR,
Sound.DING);

Debating whether to eliminate the two decimals entirely, but it shows up a bit easier to read at 29 .62 than at 29.