Quantity of Tradingview Conversion Requests

mashume

Expert
VIP
Lifetime
Just curious to know why people are requesting so many Trading View script conversions of late... It seems there are many, many more than just a year or two ago. Are traders moving off of Trading View and onto ThinkOrSwim, or are ThinkOrSwim traders just looking across the fence and thinking the candles are so much greener on the other side?

-mashume

Just curious to know why people are requesting so many Trading View script conversions of late... It seems there are many, many more than just a year or two ago. Are traders moving off of Trading View and onto ThinkOrSwim, or are ThinkOrSwim traders just looking across the fence and thinking the candles are so much greener on the other side?

-mashume
In the past year, we created a dedicated venue on the forum for members to post conversion requests. As more and more members noticed these requests, they started to add their own, hoping to find someone to help them out. However, despite the growing number of requests, few were answered, leaving members feeling discouraged.

That's where you and @halcyonguy came in! You both started answering these requests, and then the amazing @samer800 joined the party last summer, converting an incredible 300 requests to date!

So, to answer your question, you three are the driving force behind this explosive growth of conversion requests! Thanks to @samer800's contributions, along with yours and @halcyonguy's, the forum has a wider range of indicators than ever before.
We have grown as traders and scripters, thanks to y'all. We appreciate you guys very much!

Last edited:
I feel it's changed the entire nature of the forum in the last year or so. There's not a lot of deep threads on anything where nuance and substance can be found anymore. It's like, yeah - there's a lot of indicators - but no discussion on the math behind them or whether they make sense or who has been able to successfully employ them.

Edit:
Don't get me wrong… I don't mean to sound like an complainly old man. This is still the best resource around for tos indicators and what we have here is timeless. As a whole it's great.

Last edited:
I've had the same thoughts as above. I always want to say, if the tradingview indicator is so good, why not use it on tradingview, but didn't want to ruffle any feathers. Also, it always gets me that people (hopefully I'm wrong) think that this is some sort of free service to convert indicators. Seems pretty brash. They are lucky there are those extremely generous people here willing to do that. They could at least take a stab at the code. Just another old man thinking out loud. :)

This is my first post in the forum. Share the same feeling. Thanks to members' great help, more good indicators we can use now but we are drifting away from the effort to understand the math/logic behind the indicators.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will take a different approach in there is more than indicators or oscillators and tradingview does offer that and the example is ICT fair value gaps, order blocks etc. There is discussion of concepts behind them and can be found on You Tube ICT. Not being a coder by any means I'm very grateful for those that helped in translating those to TOS. We all have different trading styles and it is never one size fits all. Pure price action and time work best for me and the ICT concepts mirror that. I realize everyone's time is valuable so....
Thank You to those who allow us who cannot code to be able to take advantage of different concepts.

mod note:
There is a hierarchy to the indicators on the forum. You will find the types of discussions that you are looking for are associated with all the studies in the Indicator Forum.

Newly birthed indicators, on the other hand, start out in the Custom Forum
Wondering which newly converted Tradingview indicators in the Custom Forum to check out first? Search on "Chris Moody" or "LonesomeTheBlue" both are excellent Technical Chartists.
Click on the Tradingview link in the conversion post to check on the discussions on the original script's source link
Also, you can sort the Custom Forum on "replies" and see which of the new indicators are generating the most discussion.
AubvSyZ.png

When an indicator has sufficient discussions and understanding. It graduates to the Indicator Forum.
This influx only started last summer. We need time to watch these new creations on our charts, we will eventually have much to say, about their workings.

The best way for all of us to master reading charts and indicators, is by diving right in and giving it a try! Trust me, nothing beats hands-on experience. So go ahead and put that indicator on your chart. It's the only way you'll truly understand how it works and how it interacts with your other indicators.

To really get a sense of whether an indicator is valuable, take a look at how it performs across different timeframes and instruments. Analyze its performance over different historical periods.
However, beware of collinearity. Having several of the same type of indicator is not confirming your signals.

And remember, it's up to you to decide what works best for you!

@bigboss @newTadpole

Last edited:
All,

Honestly, I had no idea the discussion this question would spark. Wow.

I do enjoy the indicators that the community brings to my attention through conversion requests. I'd never have stumbled across some of them without the input of the collective UTS community. I appreciate the coding challenges and work to develop my own mathematical knowledge of the science of technical analysis. So many things are possible, so many are already available, and so many are still to be discovered.

To all of you; mods, coders, contributors, requesters, and lurkers, and everyone else, a hearty thank you for making the community here what is is.

-mashume

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
438 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back