Position Sizing Calculator

• Thread starter GetRichOrDieTrying
  • Start date
G

GetRichOrDieTrying

Is there a free position sizing calculator similar to this?

I've purchased stuff like this before from other developers in the past and they stopped working after awhile. I'm burned out from paying for poorly supported scripts, not to say that the one from easycators is.

Last edited by a moderator:
BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
I have seen something similar to this before and it's free as well. I just can't remember where. Hopefully someone else on here can help.

G

GetRichOrDieTrying

I have seen something similar to this before and it's free as well. I just can't remember where. Hopefully someone else on here can help.
Thanks Ben. I'll do some research and if I find it, I'll post it here.

H

hockeycoachdoug

VIP
This would be a very helpful indicator. I hope someone is able to replicate or come up with something similar.

G

GetRichOrDieTrying

:( I've done a bunch of Google searches and can't find anything that's remotely similar.

Projos

Projos

I wrote something similar to what you're looking for that I use on a daily basis. One problem however, it has a minor bug where it sometimes will not display the entry size if there is no activity in the stock (low volume). I havent been able to figure that out yet. I'll post the script when I get back to my trading desk.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
@Projos You should collaborate with @korygill. I believe he just released something similar. Maybe yall can make it 100x better 😜

korygill

korygill

VIP
Warehouse
@Projos You should collaborate with @korygill. I believe he just released something similar. Maybe yall can make it 100x better 😜
Sure, I have no idea what the indicator does. I just figured the math to what the labels seemed to do.

Projos

Projos

so here's the logic i wrote for a simple calculator. It shows your preset value and then displays the amount of shares you can get at the bid and ask price:

Code:
# Projos, 7/6/19; position value and size indicator 

input showLabel = yes;
input entryPrice = 2589;

def bid = close(priceType = "BID");
def ask = close(priceType = "ASK");

DefineGlobalColor("Bubble", GetColor(1));

AddLabel(showLabel, "Preset Position Value = $" + entryPrice + "             Max Shares  =  [ Ask Price: " + Floor(entryPrice / ask) + " ]     [ Bid Price: " + Floor(entryPrice / bid) + " ]" , GlobalColor("Bubble"));

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
korygill Custom 10
Zachc Questions 5