Person Pivots, PPS and PMC indicators

chenthy

chenthy

VIP
Hi,
Is there anyone out there using these Person indicators in ToS? If yes, do you find them useful?

markos

markos

VIP
Warehouse
Hi,
Is there anyone out there using these Person indicators in ToS? If yes, do you find them useful?
Hi @chenthy in case no one answers. I don't know of anyone that 'regularly' uses Persons stuff. Neither good nor bad, just so many to choose from.
Have you looked at the code to see what they do? That's how I try to see where something might suit me. Put them on a chart and live with them for a while and use the lower indicator boxes with something you're familiar with to compare. Hope that helps, Markos
Also, Google is your friend. If it was first published in TASC, the Universe of Thinkscript in Tutorials has all of them, dating back many years.

dougn

dougn

VIP
May be quite late but I do happen to have PPS/PMC built into a study that also can be used as a scan. I tried to install it as a watchlist column but lack the skill to eliminate "Nan's" ...

input xDays = 1;
def ppsBuy = PPS().BuySignal;
def ppsSell = PPS().SellSignal;
def buy = !IsNaN(ppsBuy);
def sell = !IsNaN(ppsSell);
def pmcDiff = PMC().Diff;
def pmcMA = PMC().DiffMA;
def lightBlue = pmcDiff > 0 and pmcDiff > pmcMA;
def darkBlue = pmcDiff > 0 and pmcDiff < pmcMA; def red = pmcDiff < 0 and pmcDiff < pmcMA; def magenta = pmcDiff < 0 and pmcDiff > pmcMA;
def confirmDaysBullish = (Sum(lightBlue, xDays) + Sum(magenta, xDays)) >= xDays;
def confirmDaysBearish = (Sum(red, xDays) + Sum(darkBlue, xDays)) >= xDays;
def confirmedBuy = buy and confirmDaysBullish;
def confirmedSell = sell and confirmDaysBearish;
def buyWithReversal = magenta[1] and lightBlue and Highest(buy, xDays) > 0;
def sellWithReversal = lightBlue[1] and red and Highest(sell, xDays) > 0;
# use this to scan for PPS buy signals that follow bullish PMC
plot scan = confirmedBuy;
# use this to scan for PPS sell signals that follow bearish PMC
#plot scan = confirmedSell;
# use this to scan for bullish PMC reversals that follow a PPS buy
#plot scan = buyWithReversal;
# use this to scan for bearish PMC reversals that follow a PPS sell
#plot scan = sellWithReversal;

S

skynetgen

Warehouse
I am using "Pivot Points" from TOS. its some fort of HL/2 fib of previous day levels(reverse engineered it once) . Its works reasonable well as additional R/S level check but not by itself (basically I use it as excuse to take profit nearby and it works well)