P&L percentage labels

darkelvis

VIP
I have no idea if this would even possible with thinkscript, but I figure if anyone can figure it out, it would be the folks here. Would it be possible to create a label set where the first label shows what your average price is that you are in at and the label next to it shows the current % away from that price... So example would be if you go long on $XXXXXX and your average price is $100 and it's currently at $105 then you would have 2 labels. First one says 100.00 second one says +5% and when it's at $95 the second label says -5%. Now, to throw a wrench in the system, would it possible to create this label set that shows that same thing but when you are shorting a stock? Like I said, I have no idea if this is possible, but I figured it would be a cool set to have for a quick glance when you are day trading/scalping.

darkelvis

VIP
Maybe, I'll load it up and see if it's what I'm looking for. :)

That's close. That one is just a single label that shows what your P/L $ and % is. I'm looking for 2 labels. One that shows what your average price is, and one that shows the P/L %. I don't want the P/L $ on there. Also, I don't know if that is your P/L on your total account or if it is the P/L on the individual ticker that you are currently in. I'm specifically looking for "how far (as a percentage) is the current price from my entrance".

Last edited by a moderator:

Ldmart

Maybe, I'll load it up and see if it's what I'm looking for. :)

That's close. That one is just a single label that shows what your P/L $ and % is. I'm looking for 2 labels. One that shows what your average price is, and one that shows the P/L %. I don't want the P/L $ on there. Also, I don't know if that is your P/L on your total account or if it is the P/L on the individual ticker that you are currently in. I'm specifically looking for "how far (as a percentage) is the current price from my entrance".
You can add a P/L% on your current positions watchlist