Option Volume/Open Interest

mkii

VIP
Is it possible to determine the strike price with the highest open interest for a given option chain, and plot that strike on a chart? Or something similar to a Volume profile but instead it would plot the Open Interest for a specified option chain. Edit: Plot both the Call and Put strike.

rad14733

VIP
@mkii I doubt your request is possible as we do not have a means of extrapolating that data as it is not available via Thinkscript... You can get Theoretical Option price by plotting an Option symbol on a Chart... That Chart should also be able to display Volume Profile for a specific symbol... For multiple symbols in a chain it would not be possible...

iselloptions

just looking to add option volume/open interest in scan so we can get some good unusual activity. simple formula so hopefully its simple and possible

Reason: we have the sizzle index and other tools, but adding this to a sizzle scan can save us time by having to look ourselves and consolidate the sizzle list

rad14733

VIP
@iselloptions I use Open interest and Average_volume as part of all of my Option Hacker Scans...

9J2A79W.png

iselloptions

to be more specific i want to see options where the volume is greater then the open interest and i thought the best way would be to scan for volume divided by open interest ratio and want a minimum of 1.0 or 2.0

mnzzz

Saw someone on twitter had made an indicator that plots option open interest per strike at their respective price levels on the chart (here are 2 pics of what I assume are 2 different versions) I was wondering if anyone here has the code for this? If anyone knows how to make this that would also be greatly appreciated.

EN2662OW4AMpHau.png:large

DYQx85_X4AM-4yJ.png

Topas

VIP
I think its nothing but Volume Profile with different approach ... to get the job done plot volume profile on daily chart and compare, I think you would find the same values ..... :unsure:
they import higher aggregation period to daily to plot it .... so the interest range is spread out ... and showing all highest / lowest (accordingly) volume traded in that price range as interest ....

Last edited:

RlyNotUrBroker

Hello,

I was wondering if it was possible to create a script for a scan that would be able to return an increase in open interest. I assume it wouldn't be incredibly in depth as long as you could call on open interest, but I don't really know where to start. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Noca Jones

I have seen some custom columns for the option chain floating around. Was wondering if anyone has or knows if it possible to show if the volume is buying or selling on the chain as a column? Thanks in advance for any replies!