Options Vol/Open Interest For ThinkOrSwim

I cannot get this to plot now during market hours as well. For the date I have 200306 AMZN is my ticker put strike is 1880 call strike is 1870. Is there a particular time the chart must be set to or something i'm missing?

Hello all,
I am new to this forum, wondering if we already have a script that can show the difference of open interest for each strike price, something like using the current OI minus yesterday's EOD, so we can add this indicator to the layout of the options chain.
Thank you.

Hello all,
I am new to this forum, wondering if we already have a script that can show the difference of open interest for each strike price, something like using the current OI minus yesterday's EOD, so we can add this indicator to the layout of the options chain.
Thank you.
I think open_interest() - open_interest()[1] will do the trick

Hello, I'm having an issue getting the chart populated ? could you let me know what I'm missing I added the pre-fix 2003320 for the 310 calls, and 305 Put right around the SPY closing price of $309 i turned all the inputs on YES, let me know thanks.

6Zqet5E.png

Hi, Is there a way in Thinkorswim to find "Open interest change" from previous day that I can display and use in option scanner? If there is a script, can you please share it or help me get started? Thanks in advance.

The ToS Options Hacker Module doesn't allow the using of custom scripts to scan against options related data.
Your scan requests can't be scripted into the scanner.

Can someone give me an idea on how to code a watchlist script that shows the current options I'm looking at, where they closed at the day prior?
(like on Etrade).
Thanks

@ezrollin Each option strike has its own dedicated ticker. You can just use that or add it to your watchlist.

Sorry, I'm trying to see where the option closed at previous day for all strikes, all puts, all calls at the same time as a field on the option chain
As a column

Last edited:
Hi, Is there a way in Thinkorswim to find "change in open interest" of an option from previous day that I can display and use in option scanner? If there is a script, can someone please share it or help me get started?

The ToS Options Hacker Module doesn't allow the using of custom scripts to scan against options related data.

I'm new to thinkscript coding, but I think the ITM and OTM bubbles are reversed.

I figured this out when I was changing the wording in the bubbles to read "ATM, OTM or ITM." Yes, it is obvious when you look at the chart but in doing so, the label change showed up on the wrong location. In other words, "OTM CALL" showed up below the current price, and vice versa.

I also found that the option prices and OI don't align with the actual options chains themselves. I couldn't match the Put, Call or OI values on any option chain screens. I even tried using thinkBack.

Hi all, Does any one know in thinkscript "Option Time & Sales", how to call this highest traded option's DOE, Class etc? (and also the second biggest option, etc) Any such example scripts available anywhere? Thanks!

N4I6QgO.png

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.

Not the exact question you're looking for?

Start a new thread and receive assistance from our community.

87k+ Posts
498 Online
Create Post

The Market Trading Game Changer

Join 2,500+ subscribers inside the useThinkScript VIP Membership Club
  • Exclusive indicators
  • Proven strategies & setups
  • Private Discord community
  • ‘Buy The Dip’ signal alerts
  • Exclusive members-only content
  • Add-ons and resources
  • 1 full year of unlimited support

Frequently Asked Questions

What is useThinkScript?

useThinkScript is the #1 community of stock market investors using indicators and other tools to power their trading strategies. Traders of all skill levels use our forums to learn about scripting and indicators, help each other, and discover new ways to gain an edge in the markets.

How do I get started?

We get it. Our forum can be intimidating, if not overwhelming. With thousands of topics, tens of thousands of posts, our community has created an incredibly deep knowledge base for stock traders. No one can ever exhaust every resource provided on our site.

If you are new, or just looking for guidance, here are some helpful links to get you started.

What are the benefits of VIP Membership?
VIP members get exclusive access to these proven and tested premium indicators: Buy the Dip, Advanced Market Moves 2.0, Take Profit, and Volatility Trading Range. In addition, VIP members get access to over 50 VIP-only custom indicators, add-ons, and strategies, private VIP-only forums, private Discord channel to discuss trades and strategies in real-time, customer support, trade alerts, and much more. Learn all about VIP membership here.
How can I access the premium indicators?
To access the premium indicators, which are plug and play ready, sign up for VIP membership here.
Back