Open interest change column for option chain

HumbledTrader

VIP
Hey I have a question if maybe someone can help with , I am looking for an OI change indicator to display in the options chain

OI-change.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rad14733

VIP
@HumbledTrader That can't be done... TOS doesn't give us the ability to modify the the Option Chain Panel aside from what they already provide... No Custom Columns...

Esited to add: I stand corrected...!!! They must have recently added in that capability... WooHoo...!!! 🤩

So, you want the OI column to change color based on OI increase or decrease...???

HumbledTrader

VIP
@rad14733 what your looking at is it, and yes you can do a custom column by editing the script in the custom extras custom 1-whatever amount they give you, in fact, what your looking at is real it is not mine to give as i need permission, but it slows the system and i have a decent computer i beleive

Yes Please if you can help?

rad14733

VIP
what your looking at is it, and yes you can do a custom column by editing the script in the custom extras custom 1-whatever amount they give you, in fact, what your looking at is real it is not mine to give as i need permission, but it slows my computer
Yes, this is a new feature... I created a custom column but it isn't populating... All I get is "loading"...

HumbledTrader

VIP
@rad14733 @BenTen I was given permission to share and improve this code if you can tell me how we can get it that it wouldn't be a lag on TOS

Code:
plot OI_NetChg = open_interest() - open_interest()[1]; OI_NetChg.SetDefaultColor(color.black); AssignBackgroundColor(if OI_NetChg > 0 then color.GREEN else if OI_NetChg < 0 then color.PINK else color.GRAY);

oi2.png

rad14733

VIP
I added two columns I had wanted a while ago but the Custom Columns slow down the Option Chain so much I had to remove them... There really is no way to speed things up because Custom Columns are a low priority so they only calculate when the servers can get to them... It's unfortunate but that's how TOS works and we can't change the platform...

HumbledTrader

VIP
I added two columns I had wanted a while ago but the Custom Columns slow down the Option Chain so much I had to remove them... There really is no way to speed things up because Custom Columns are a low priority so they only calculate when the servers can get to them... It's unfortunate but that's how TOS works and we can't change the platform...
First thank you for trying i appreciate it , Its a shame this is very useful was considering just running that on one computer
but i assume that would not help

rad14733

VIP
First thank you for trying i appreciate it , Its a shame this is very useful was considering just running that on one computer
but i assume that would not help
It would definitely help... I have used almost every Custom Column and that further hinders my refresh rate... The more cells that need to be updated, the worse the update lag gets...

Oh, and you're very welcome... ;) (y)

HumbledTrader

VIP
It would definitely help... I have used almost every Custom Column and that further hinders my refresh rate... The more cells that need to be updated, the worse the update lag gets...

Oh, and you're very welcome... ;) (y)
May I ask let's say i ran the options chain with just this and OI would that help, like this i can run one just look up thoughts?

rad14733

VIP
May I ask let's say i ran the options chain with just this and OI would that help, like this i can run one just look up thoughts?
Yes... The fewer the cells requiring calculation the better... I mean ALL cells, whether Option Chain, Watchlists, etc... So if you have another system with a stripped down setup it should improve performance to some extent... I just mentioned the other day how I've switched my systems around so that my active trades are monitored and made on a "clean" system and my research and potential trade monitoring is done on another...