Multi Day VWAP

I

icmoflow

Does anyone have a multi-day VWAP indicator that will show the 1 HR VWAP, multi-day vwap, YTD vwap for instance on any time frame ? I'm looking for the daily VWAP on the 1 min chart and also to add an hourly VWAP or multi-day VWAP. Thanks

Last edited:
horserider

horserider

VIP
@icmoflow VWAP already has day,week, and month. Do not think an hourly is possible. Maybe describe the exact VWAP periods you want and see what might show up. For what purpose ??????

horserider

horserider

VIP
@icmoflow

I

icmoflow

This is pretty good Hourse Rider, what I would like to add is a Hourly VWAP and even 15 min, simply for support and resistance levels intraday, I can use Darvas Boxes but VWAP I think is the "true" price. Thanks Horse Rider

I

icmoflow

@icmoflow VWAP is a daily calculation. I am not going to work on this further.

Well it's a "cumulative " indicator. The daily shows the daily thus far based on V and P I'm looking to go back the last 15 min or hr not just the cumulative VWAP for the day. I appreciate your efforts, I'll see what I can come up with. Thanks again Horse Rider

S

Stephan908vkt

@horserider

Any chance you can share this script with us? I've been searching for a 2 day vwap script for TOS. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you for your time.

horserider

horserider

VIP
@Stephan908vkt Welcome. Let us know how you use it and how successful it may be.

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
@soary On that page, there is a green button called “View it on ThinkorSwim”. Click on that while you have your ToS program already running and logged in. It will automatically import it into your platform.

S

soary

Thanks but on what page? When I click on it I see a page to open an account which I already have and don't see that, then in my trade I don't see it either.

@soary On that page, there is a green button called “View it on ThinkorSwim”. Click on that while you have your ToS program already running and logged in. It will automatically import it into your platform.

S

Stephan908vkt

@Stephan908vkt Welcome. Let us know how you use it and how successful it may be.

Hey @horserider, I'm not a consistently profitable trader so I can't really say how successful it is for me, but I took a couple SMB courses a few years ago so the way I'm using the 2-day vwap is look for a continuation move after a directional/trend day, wait for the test of the 2-day vwap and watch for a reversal. I probably didn't explain that very well so here are some screenshots

NVTA - The purple line is the 2-day vwap. On 8/22, we had a strong down day, on 8/23, the plan would be to wait for a test of the 2-day vwap for a short

OSTK - Strong up day on 8/9 (Friday) so on Monday I was looking for a pullback to the 2-day vwap for a long opportunity.

Here's a screenshot of the OSTK trade I took. I try not to fade it without a little bit of confirmation so for OSTK, I waited for it to get back above the intraday vwap and also the prior close

Anyway, thank you so much again for sharing your indicator.

horserider

horserider

VIP
@Stephan908vkt Thanks for the illustration of use of the 2 day VWAP. Reversion and bounce. Nice idea. Hope it can help you be more consistently profitable.

Y

yman

@horserider how can i have it show only today and yesterday? its showing entire time frame i only want to see yesterday and taday
thanks