Moxie Indicator?

T

tradegeek

VIP
Hi all! New member here...

I don't know if anyone has come across this neat indicator called the "Moxie Indicator". It seems the creator of this indicator has it developed for Ninjatrader and Thinkorswim but he's not releasing the TOS version because he doesn't want the code shared. He has partnered up with John Carter from SimplerTrading to provide alerts based on this indicator.

You can check it out here...

It would be nice if something like this can be replicated. I am not a programmer so I wouldn't know where to start. Can it be reversed engineered from a NinjaTrader script?

Much success to all!

markos

markos

VIP
Warehouse
@tradegeek IMO, I would just move on. Never buy an indicator. Find a system that works for you and keep working it. There are many hundred of them on this website to research. Start in the Tutorials as well as Look at the built in Strategies.

S

skynetgen

Warehouse
Hi all! New member here...

I don't know if anyone has come across this neat indicator called the "Moxie Indicator". It seems the creator of this indicator has it developed for Ninjatrader and Thinkorswim but he's not releasing the TOS version because he doesn't want the code shared. He has partnered up with John Carter from SimplerTrading to provide alerts based on this indicator.

You can check it out here...

It would be nice if something like this can be replicated. I am not a programmer so I wouldn't know where to start. Can it be reversed engineered from a NinjaTrader script?

Much success to all!
I liked his explanation. Seems to me its some custom indicator based on RSI like criteria (e.g. momentum based indicator). Very likely he uses multiple timeframe cross to generate signal (e.g. change colors). Its even clear he has multiple timeframe setup (daily/monthly) for it

It is unbounded and not percentage based ( so more like stochastics/macd in this way).

W

WuerthJR

@tradegeek You asked if it could be reverse engineered from NinjaScript. Do you have a ninjascript of the indicator?