Moxie Indicator for ThinkorSwim

@J007RMC do you have Moxie loaded twice on your 5 and 15 charts? I'm wondering why the labels are showing up twice. That shouldn't happen.
Loaded once, I didn't notice the discrepancy, and it shows double on the 2-15min charts? So the smoothed vers shows 2 lines on a 15 min chart only could this be the MACD indicator and its average?

Last edited:
I actually built the squeeze pro dots into the Moxie indicator's zero line if you turn on that option. If you're making money from it then it was money well spent. Who cares about $400 in comparison.

I've been curious about the early in/out. I can make some guesses at how it might work but I don't know and I haven't tried to reverse engineer that from videos on YouTube. Do you find the signals are mostly good? That may be worth what you paid.

The squeeze stats look interesting, not really useful, to satisfy curiosity for the first couple of days and then I doubt I'd ever look at it again.

Scans are easy for me to create but for people less technically able it could be a valuable part of the package.
Early in/out is useless. Save your money. Carter main strat for the squeeze longs and to have his moving averages to be stacked properly. If the EMA 8/21/34/55/89 are stacked in that order, the squeeze is more likely to fire long. He would basically add if price dips down to EMA 21 and at most EMA 34 before bouncing back up. If it doesnt, he cuts it loose

I actually built the squeeze pro dots into the Moxie indicator's zero line if you turn on that option. If you're making money from it then it was money well spent. Who cares about $400 in comparison.

I've been curious about the early in/out. I can make some guesses at how it might work but I don't know and I haven't tried to reverse engineer that from videos on YouTube. Do you find the signals are mostly good? That may be worth what you paid.

The squeeze stats look interesting, not really useful, to satisfy curiosity for the first couple of days and then I doubt I'd ever look at it again.

Scans are easy for me to create but for people less technically able it could be a valuable part of the package.

I am a daytrader/scalper so for me I find it great for getting out, not necessarily getting in. I get in after squeeze fires or usually when it goes from mid to low compression. Once it changes from mid to low compression usually 1-2 bars after it fires.

In the past I would get out when after a squeeze and lets say it an uptrend momentum, the histogram for TTM squeeze will go 5-6 bars usually light blue and then change to dark blue, in the past with regulars Squeeze I would get out once it hits dark blue. With the early in/out the candles goes dark blue usually 1-2 bars earlier then the histogram so I get out earlier before it actually hits it peak of momentum and dips. It really works great with certain tickers like TSLA that can drop 5 points in a 2 minute bar. Do you really need it? probably not, but I am using it , and has worked overall for my style of trading.

Yeah I mean $400 is really nothing when you think about it, but I rather not pay if I did not have to.

Early in/out is useless. Save your money. Carter main strat for the squeeze longs and to have his moving averages to be stacked properly. If the EMA 8/21/34/55/89 are stacked in that order, the squeeze is more likely to fire long. He would basically add if price dips down to EMA 21 and at most EMA 34 before bouncing back up. If it doesnt, he cuts it loose

Thanks for sharing your opinion/experience with it. Regarding the EMAs, every YouTuber I found trading squeeze is relying on those also. Interesting that JC is the source yet he doesn't mention it in his book, not even in the edition he updated a couple of years ago. I wrote down some notes about the squeeze strategy a while ago. I pasted your comments in there for when/if I start trading squeezes.

I added your comment to my notes as well @brendel. Thanks.

Loaded once, I didn't notice the discrepancy, and it shows double on the 2-15min charts? So the smoothed vers shows 2 lines on a 15 min chart only could this be the MACD indicator and its average?

Both the stair-step version and the smooth version will show 2 lines on the 15m charts, which is how TG Watkins uses it. The two lines are based on two different higher timeframes.

What I was talking about are the labels in the upper left corner of Moxie that state your current timeframe with green or red background depending on if Moxie is above or below zero. That AddLabel() call is only in the script once so I don't understand why you're getting two labels that say 5 and two that say 15. The only thing I could think of is if you add the study twice, overlapping in the same slot.

Last edited:
@Homemadeitmyself @VickyVJ You ****ed about all those failed trades he called this week?

I was looking at them even before everything dropped yesterday trying to find the reason we're in them. The best I could come up with is Hourly Trampoline overrules terrible daily chart. Though, he claimed D was elf shoe. Doesn't make sense to me but I risked $20 on each of them, trusting the guru since he's seen how these play out more than I have.

For myself, I'm adding a new rule that it's not an elf toe until at least one candle breaks the previous candle's high. One green candle in a down-trend and beneath all MAs doesn't cut it.

If you two want to have some place outside Mastery we can share trade ideas and discuss the strategy, I don't think hijacking this thread is ideal for that. Discord or Slack would be a much better platform for real-time communication. I don't want to own it or run it but if one of you creates one I'd join. Maybe the lucky one of you who runs it can charge lots of $ for membership once we're making our millions. :p Otherwise, maybe a new thread here if the folks running this site don't mind.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your opinion/experience with it. Regarding the EMAs, every YouTuber I found trading squeeze is relying on those also. Interesting that JC is the source yet he doesn't mention it in his book, not even in the edition he updated a couple of years ago. I wrote down some notes about the squeeze strategy a while ago. I pasted your comments in there for when/if I start trading squeezes.

I added your comment to my notes as well @brendel. Thanks.
Yes I rely on stacked EMA as well. One of the biggest problems with Squeeze in general is trying to figure out which way it will fire when it does fire. If it a strong uptrend day and the EMAs are stacked the probabilities of it going long is usually high, while the opposite if it is downtrend day overall and EMAs are either not stacked or right on top of price I will buy puts then. But that is why I set my stop loss, it never perfect just like any other indicator

Here's an example where the "smooth" Moxie and the "real" Moxie are doing very different things. I'll try to remember to follow up in a few days to see which seems more helpful.

2021-03-03-21-14-48-Window.png

This looks awesome @Slippage, would you be able to share snippet you used to get your trampoline arrows to dynamically sit just above/below the zero line? I had been trying to do something like that, however, I decided too hard coding them for the time being (not ideal 😅).

This looks awesome @Slippage, would you be able to share snippet you used to get your trampoline arrows to dynamically sit just above/below the zero line? I had been trying to do something like that, however, I decided too hard coding them for the time being (not ideal 😅).
I was a little burned out on this stuff after all the work on this code combined with all the hours watching videos, plus trading, so I took a break from most of it for the last week. I'm still not happy with my dynamic positioning for the arrows. It's tricky because your zoom level affects it and there's no way to detect that in code. So I decided it's good enough and I'll post it here. I'll add an input so people can adjust it to their preference.

I'd post it now if it was just copy/paste but it's not. I have some extra code in my indicators based on something I learned in the class which I have to strip out before posting here. I'll update both the clone and the smooth version in the next couple of days with the arrows. And I'll post a message in this thread to let everyone know when they've been updated.

I was a little burned out on this stuff after all the work on this code combined with all the hours watching videos, plus trading, so I took a break from most of it for the last week. I'm still not happy with my dynamic positioning for the arrows. It's tricky because your zoom level affects it and there's no way to detect that in code. So I decided it's good enough and I'll post it here. I'll add an input so people can adjust it to their preference.

I'd post it now if it was just copy/paste but it's not. I have some extra code in my indicators based on something I learned in the class which I have to strip out before posting here. I'll update both the clone and the smooth version in the next couple of days with the arrows. And I'll post a message in this thread to let everyone know when they've been updated.
@Slippage, @Homemadeitmyself, i had earlier posted a discord channel link here for the 2 of u to join me but was deleted by admin. if u can buzz me when u see this msg then i can group us together to further discuss.

Here's an example where the "smooth" Moxie and the "real" Moxie are doing very different things. I'll try to remember to follow up in a few days to see which seems more helpful.

2021-03-03-21-14-48-Window.png

I understand this issue now. With futures, extended hours is automatically enabled. This means there's more hours per day but the length "smooth" Moxie uses for averages doesn't change. That means it looks at a smaller window of time than "real" Moxie. So just like moving averages and anything else, it gives very different results with Ext hours enabled. The "real" Moxie isn't affected on H chart since it's looking at D but it is affected on timeframes lower than H.

I understand this issue now. With futures, extended hours is automatically enabled. This means there's more hours per day but the length "smooth" Moxie uses for averages doesn't change. That means it looks at a smaller window of time than "real" Moxie. So just like moving averages and anything else, it gives very different results with Ext hours enabled. The "real" Moxie isn't affected on H chart since it's looking at D but it is affected on timeframes lower than H.
@Slippage Any chance you can share your TOS workspace, it looks interesting. Thanks

Hi slippage, how do I get in contact with you? I found something I want you to check out. Can I post my email address here? Or my discord name? I just sent you my email address in the moxie room chat. Didn't want to do it here since it's a public forum.

Hi slippage, how do I get in contact with you? I found something I want you to check out. Can I post my email address here? Or my discord name? I just sent you my email address in the moxie room chat. Didn't want to do it here since it's a public forum.
search for VJ & Friends discord channel, Slippage n the few of us
are in there

@Homemadeitmyself can you send me an invite to the moxie discord room? I have known TG's style well.

New Indicator: Buy the Dip

Check out our Buy the Dip indicator and see how it can help you find profitable swing trading ideas. Scanner, watchlist columns, and add-ons are included.

Download the indicator