Message/Alert dialog box?

airgb

Does anyone know of a way to move the message dialog box from the default top left corner to some place else on the home screen o the TOS platform? I found the adjust settings but that only allows the adjustment of the time the box appears when you get an alert message. Would really like to move it to the top right so I can get at my symbol window easier.

Solution
Thanks BenTen however this is not what I am asking. The message box that appears when an alert pops up is not on any chart. It appears on the top left part of the program screen and is not attached to anything, and it appears for the time period set in setup. The problem is when it appears it covers up the majority of the program tabs and buttons. And this usually happens when I am trying to go to a different chart by using the drop down menu to select the wanted symbol. I then have to wait for the setup time period to expire and then the message box disappears until the next message sets it off again. I could readjust the time period to a few seconds but that's not long enough for me to read the alert messages or I could just...
Thanks BenTen however this is not what I am asking. The message box that appears when an alert pops up is not on any chart. It appears on the top left part of the program screen and is not attached to anything, and it appears for the time period set in setup. The problem is when it appears it covers up the majority of the program tabs and buttons. And this usually happens when I am trying to go to a different chart by using the drop down menu to select the wanted symbol. I then have to wait for the setup time period to expire and then the message box disappears until the next message sets it off again. I could readjust the time period to a few seconds but that's not long enough for me to read the alert messages or I could just set it to not showing which would obviously defeat the whole purpose of having it appear in the first place.

Thanks BenTen however this is not what I am asking. The message box that appears when an alert pops up is not on any chart. It appears on the top left part of the program screen and is not attached to anything, and it appears for the time period set in setup. The problem is when it appears it covers up the majority of the program tabs and buttons. And this usually happens when I am trying to go to a different chart by using the drop down menu to select the wanted symbol. I then have to wait for the setup time period to expire and then the message box disappears until the next message sets it off again. I could readjust the time period to a few seconds but that's not long enough for me to read the alert messages or I could just set it to not showing which would obviously defeat the whole purpose of having it appear in the first place.

Detach the message box and put it anywhere you want
https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/...ge Center and display it in a separate window.

The ability to detach is available for every widget, watchlist, scanner, chart, etc.. in the ToS app.
It allows you to configure your screen setup anyway you want.

Solution
Detach the message box and put it anywhere you want
https://tlc.thinkorswim.com/center/howToTos/thinkManual/Left-Sidebar/Message-Center#:~:text=The same menu allows you to detach the Message Center and display it in a separate window.

The ability to detach is available for every widget, watchlist, scanner, chart, etc.. in the ToS app.
It allows you to configure your screen setup anyway you want.
Thank you MerryDay. That does stop the blue temporary box for each alert (which pops up in the upper left side of the screen) however it also completely stops it which I do not want. So I am guessing detaching the message center is the only option here and there is no way of changing the location of the blue pop up box itself? The other thing is when the message center is detached to what ever location you put it in if you click anywhere on that page the message center box minimizes and that takes the box completely out of view. That kinda of defeats the whole idea of getting new messages/alerts also.

Many members find the " blue temporary box for each alert " flashes too fast and find it annoying.

Perhaps if you explain what you gain from the " blue temporary box for each alert ", someone will be able to chime in with a workaround.

Do you not have sound turned on?
No, detached widgets never minimize.
Do you know that you can "pin" your detached widgets, so they do not 'disappear' from view?

The best part of the detached widget is that it "doesn't flash by".
I put mine at the top of my chart.

DhtrR0m.png

Many members find the " blue temporary box for each alert " flashes too fast and find it annoying.

Perhaps if you explain what you gain from the " blue temporary box for each alert ", someone will be able to chime in with a workaround.

Do you not have sound turned on?
No, detached widgets never minimize.
Do you know that you can "pin" your detached widgets, so they do not 'disappear' from view?

The best part of the detached widget is that it "doesn't flash by".
I put mine at the top of my chart.
Ah yes, the pin option! Which I did not see btw, does do the trick at least for the message box itself. I can live with this but if I could do the same with the blue box that would be better. However as you know when I detach the message box that eliminates the blue pop up box.
Yes I have the sound on and I use this for prior 50% crosses and high/low of day on what ever time frame I am looking at. It's a very handy tool for giving me a head's up on direction.
Thank you for the help

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.