Max Percent Change from Open Scan Script, Anyone?

number9

VIP
Hello. I'm looking for a scan script that will show me stocks where current price is at or less than a particular percentage from the open on the daily. For example, I'd like to see scan results showing stocks currently trading at +2% or less from the days open price. Therefore, I do not want to see stocks that are trading at over 2%. I've searched the forum but unable to locate close to what I'm looking for. I'm just starting to get my feet wet by slightly modifying existing scripts here and there, but nowhere close to having the knowledge to construct my own from scratch. Hopefully that day will come. Can anyone direct me to such a script, or would be willing to create one? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

MerryDay

VIP
@number9
wdEZHXH.png

When you searched through the over 200 results for "percent change open" which scripts did you try and what do you need for them to do differently?

number9

VIP
@number9
wdEZHXH.png

When you searched through the over 200 results for "percent change open" which scripts did you try and what do you need for them to do differently?
Despite it being right in front of my face, I did not notice the new search feature. I used the original search tool without much luck. I was able to find this quickly with the new search feature and it appears to do exactly what I need. Thanks.
Code:
def desired_percent = 1;

def percent_from_open = round(100*((close/open)-1),1);

plot scan = percent_from_open >= desired_percent;

number9

VIP
@number9 The NEW part pertains to the message only... The Search feature has been in the upper right corner all along and hasn't changed in functionality... 💡
I had to try it a few times to understand. Turns out I wasn't clicking directly on the "G", and thus not receiving Google results. When clicking on the left side of the light blue search tab, that search engine returned only 55 results. When clicking on the "G", it comes back with 217 results. I'm surprised there's not more separation between the two, other than a faint line. I assumed it was all one single search engine.

rad14733

VIP
I had to try it a few times to understand. Turns out I wasn't clicking directly on the "G", and thus not receiving Google results. When clicking on the left side of the light blue search tab, that search engine returned only 55 results. When clicking on the "G", it comes back with 217 results. I'm surprised there's not more separation between the two, other than a faint line. I assumed it was all one single search engine.

The left side of that button uses the forum softwares search and the right side with the "G" is the Google search, of course, and that will always return more results... I usually start with the forums search results and move on to Google only if I don't find what I'm looking for...