Market Breath Labels for ThinkorSwim

J007RMC

2019 Donor
Used these labels today seemed to work fine.

Code:
# Market Breath Ratios
# Paris (based on an earlier idea from ESP)
# 11.02.2015
# One Note Download

def UVOL   = close(“$UVOL”);
def DVOL   = close(“$DVOL”);

def UVOLD  = close(“$UVOLI”);
def DVOLD  = close(“$DVOLI”);

def UVOLS  = close(“$UVOLSP”);
def DVOLS  = close(“$DVOLSP”);

def UVOLN  = close(“$UVOL/Q”);
def DVOLN  = close(“$DVOL/Q”);

def UVOLR  = close(“$UVOLRL”);
def DVOLR  = close(“$DVOLRL”);

def SPYRatio =  if (UVOLS >= DVOLS) then (UVOLS / DVOLS) else -(DVOLS / UVOLS);
AddLabel(yes, "S&P500: " + Concat(Round(SPYRatio, 2), ” :1”), if SPYRatio >= 0 then Color.UPTICK else Color.DOWNTICK);

def DJIRatio =  if (UVOLD >= DVOLD) then (UVOLD / DVOLD) else -(DVOLD / UVOLD);
AddLabel(yes, "DJI: " + Concat(Round(DJIRatio, 2), ” :1”), if DJIRatio >= 0 then Color.UPTICK else Color.DOWNTICK);

def NDXRatio =  if (UVOLN >= DVOLN) then (UVOLN / DVOLN) else -(DVOLN / UVOLN);
AddLabel(yes, "QQQ: " + Concat(Round(NDXRatio, 2), ” :1”), if NDXRatio >= 0 then Color.UPTICK else Color.DOWNTICK);

def RUTRatio =  if (UVOLR >= DVOLR) then (UVOLR / DVOLR) else -(DVOLR / UVOLR);
AddLabel(yes, "R2000: " + Concat(Round(RUTRatio, 2), ” :1”), if RUTRatio >= 0 then Color.UPTICK else Color.DOWNTICK);

def NYSERatio =  if (UVOL >= DVOL) then (UVOL / DVOL) else -(DVOL / UVOL);
AddLabel(yes, "NYSE: " + Concat(Round(NYSERatio, 2), ” :1”), if NYSERatio >= 0 then Color.UPTICK else Color.DOWNTICK);

Last edited by a moderator:
Well Im jusying I may not enter a trade if the advance decline levels are red so I look for the market index strength

@alexR Please be as specific as possible when reporting an issue. What is not working? Can you post a screenshot of the chart?

Hello! I've been helped by a couple badass code writers so far, and I'm hoping for another handout! I have these Market breadth bubbles( Don't remember where I got em from, but they were free, so public information, not proprietary) And I was hoping for a addendum. They work well to show general state of the markets, but Id like to have an arrow up or arrow down next to each reading that shows whether the reading has moved up/down since the last reading. for example, NYSE reading is negative right now, but went from -1.51 to -1.49. still negative, but moved up. or NASD is in the green positive, but went from +1.8 to +1.7. moved down. Is it possible to have a dynamic arrow that can show the direction of each last move as the day goes by? Thanks again to any and all who care to read this and give it a go!

#BREADTH RATIO SCRIPT
#CODED BY JUSTIN WILLIAMS

input ShowZeroLine = yes;
input market = {default NYSE, NASDAQ};

def UVOL = close(“$UVOL”);
def DVOL = close(“$DVOL”);
def UVOLQ = close(“$UVOL/Q”);
def DVOLQ = close(“$DVOL/Q”);

#NYSE Breadth ratio
def NYSEratio = if (UVOL >= DVOL) then (UVOL / DVOL) else -(DVOL / UVOL);
AddLabel(yes, Concat(Round(NYSEratio, 2), ” :1 NYSE”), (if NYSEratio >= 0 then Color.GREEN else Color.RED));

#Nasdaq Breadth ratio
def NASDratio = if (UVOLQ >= DVOLQ) then (UVOLQ / DVOLQ) else -(DVOLQ / UVOLQ) ;
AddLabel(yes, Concat(Round(NASDratio, 2), ” :1 NASD”), (if NASDratio >= 0 then Color.GREEN else Color.RED));

Hello! I've been helped by a couple badass code writers so far, and I'm hoping for another handout! I have these Market breadth bubbles( Don't remember where I got em from, but they were free, so public information, not proprietary) And I was hoping for a addendum. They work well to show general state of the markets, but Id like to have an arrow up or arrow down next to each reading that shows whether the reading has moved up/down since the last reading. for example, NYSE reading is negative right now, but went from -1.51 to -1.49. still negative, but moved up. or NASD is in the green positive, but went from +1.8 to +1.7. moved down. Is it possible to have a dynamic arrow that can show the direction of each last move as the day goes by? Thanks again to any and all who care to read this and give it a go!

MerryDay just graciously reminded me that I forgot to add the doggone script...foolish of me...

#BREADTH RATIO SCRIPT

#NYSE Breadth ratio
AddLabel(yes, Concat(Round(NYSEratio, 2), ” :1 NYSE”), (if NYSEratio >= 0 then Color.GREEN else Color.RED));

#Nasdaq Breadth ratio
def NASDratio = if (UVOLQ >= DVOLQ) then (UVOLQ / DVOLQ) else -(DVOLQ / UVOLQ) ;
AddLabel(yes, Concat(Round(NASDratio, 2), ” :1 NASD”), (if NASDratio >= 0 then Color.GREEN else Color.RED));

Here is my attempt at it! The label appears if the current value is either greater or lesser than the previous value. Otherwise, it does not show up.
#BREADTH RATIO SCRIPT

#NYSE Breadth ratio
AddLabel(yes, if NYSEratio > NYSEratio[1] then "Up" else if NYSEratio < NYSEratio[1] then "Dn" else "", if NYSEratio > NYSEratio[1] then color.light_green else if NYSEratio < NYSEratio[1] then color.light_red else color.gray);

#Nasdaq Breadth ratio
AddLabel(yes, if NASDratio > NASDratio[1] then "Up" else if NASDratio < NASDratio[1] then "Dn" else "", if NASDratio > NASDratio[1] then color.light_green else if NASDratio < NASDratio[1] then color.light_red else color.gray);

Wondering if anyone wants to have a go at it, but have this give an alert when ratio reaches a set number which is possibly adjustable? Would be nice to have for /ES to identify trend days early. Usually when ratio is > 3:1 or <-3:1. Thanks.

#BREADTH RATIO SCRIPT

#NYSE Breadth ratio

#Nasdaq Breadth ratio

SPX Market Breadth Indicator
This is my first attempt at thinkscript, and I also wanted to share back with the community. Please give me feedback if this is not the right way to share.

Indicator Image

This indicator shows the number of stocks that are above 50-day, 100-day, and 200-day moving averages. It is one of my favorite ways to get a sense of market health.

Code:
# Market Breath Indicator to Display $SPXA50R, $SPXA100R, and $SPXA200R
# Author: bulusufinances
# Version: 1

declare lower;

# The values come as 0.X format - multiplying by 100 to make the graph more readable

plot SPXA50R = close("$SPXA50R")*100;
plot SPXA100R = close("$SPXA100R")*100;
plot SPXA200R = close("$SPXA200R")*100;

# Set the plot colors and line styles
SPXA50R.SetDefaultColor(Color.GREEN);
SPXA100R.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);
SPXA200R.SetDefaultColor(Color.BLUE);

# Optional: Set line styles
SPXA50R.SetStyle(Curve.FIRM);
SPXA100R.SetStyle(Curve.FIRM);
SPXA200R.SetStyle(Curve.FIRM);

# Optional: Add labels to the plots
AddLabel(yes, "$SPXA50R", Color.GREEN);
AddLabel(yes, "$SPXA100R", Color.RED);
AddLabel(yes, "$SPXA200R", Color.BLUE);

# Add horizontal lines
plot line30 = 30;
line30.SetDefaultColor(Color.RED);
line30.SetLineWeight(2);

plot line60 = 70;
line60.SetDefaultColor(Color.GREEN);
line60.SetLineWeight(2);

Good morning,
I have search for something similar for the Semiconductor Sector SOX without success.
Hint: IXCO XCI NYA

Please help........

(y)

Sorry for the delay. Traveling internationally.

@Alchicago1 - Can you please try again? It looks like there could be some delay in activating the tos.mx links. But they are working fine when I just tested it.

Join useThinkScript to post your question to a community of 21,000+ developers and traders.