MACD scanner

A

Art

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to trading and been papertrading for a few months. I'm a big fan of MACD and DMI and I'm trying to setup a simple MACD scanner. Basically, MACD crosses the 0 line or MACD crosses the DMI-. Sounds simple, but nothing comes up on my scanner. I even changed the time and still nothing. Please, can someone let me know what I'm doing wrong here.

For some reason, I'm not able to post an image. Here are my settings:

Study MACD Crosses Value 0.0 within 1 bars

Thanks in advance,
Art

BenTen

BenTen

Administrative
Staff
VIP
Warehouse
There is a setting in the default MACD indicator that lets you turn on breakout signals. Did you try that? If that's what you're looking for, you can use the Scanner with it.

H

horserider

VIP
Warehouse
@Art ToS has a MACDhistogram crossover standard. Just look in scanner under crossover.

MACD cross -Di ;;;; MACD()."Value" crosses DIMinus() within 3 bars

A

Art

Hi Marcos and Ben,

Thanks for your inputs!

Ben, the breakout signal is on, I can see them on my chart. But that's not what I'm trying to do. I want the signal only when the macd crosses 0

Please see what I mean
Marcos, I'm setting up the scanner under a watchlist, however the settings are the same. Actually, I already have several other scanners under my watchlists and they do the work, never used the Hack Scanner. It's only the MACD one that doesn't work. Do you know if the Hack Scanner and ?

Here are my settings

Appreciate your time.
Art